• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here's what happens if you ride with your e brake on

RoyalBlue

Lifetime Member
Website
upstaging.com
Came across this on the trail today , used to be a rental Venture 2 up.

Nobody was hurt the locals here stepped up and returned the riders to there hotel.

Attachments

• E Brake Fire.jpg
    E Brake Fire.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 311

Rare sighting for a torched Yamaha product..

Any pictures available of the blonde driving it ?
How could you not feel the brake was on ?

it's a rental, you wouldn't know what it should feel like.
I hate to admit it but I've ridden with the brake on also, only noticed when I smelt it

I can`t stand that parking brake. Stupidest design ever. Yamaha was the only one to use such a setup instead of just a lever to hold the regular brake. I can`t even get mine to hold the sled. Stupid. Adjusted it and everything.

If the parking brake is adjusted properly it will hold the sled on a tilted trailer. Seems hard to believe that anyone would not notice the lever blocking your access to the grip and ride very far with the parking brake on.

However I agree that a lever that locks the regular brake would be a better design. Less wieght, less maintenance, & good holding power with zero chance of riding with it on.

Mooseman said:
I can`t stand that parking brake. Stupidest design ever. Yamaha was the only one to use such a setup instead of just a lever to hold the regular brake. I can`t even get mine to hold the sled. Stupid. Adjusted it and everything.

I broke my cable last season and started using Velcro straps to hold the regular brake on, better for me this way.
AX30041.jpg

kidastra said:
Mooseman said:

I broke my cable last season and started using Velcro straps to hold the regular brake on, better for me this way.

AX30041.jpg

Another great idea from a TYer

You can get those things in 10 packs for less then $5 on ebay.. Good for tying cords together behind your tv and stuff too.

Excellent idea! I should be able to find some at Princess Auto.

Just use BRIGHT colored paint (or put a bright colored sticker) on the underside of the lever. When the brake is on you can't miss it.

Back