• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID head light Ballast burned out I think?

edge_232

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro MTX slowly being modded
2005 IQR Trail Converted
I believe the ballast to my right head light has burned up. I can swap the bulbs and the one on the left side always works. I also checked power to the ballast and I'm good there but nothing coming out of it. So in my mind it's bad. Now here is my second problem I have no idea who's kit it is or where to start looking to replace it. Here's a few pictures of it and if you guys know who's kit it might be please let me know.
Thanks
Edge
20150405_180929_resized.jpg
20150405_180942_resized.jpg

Yep, sure sounds like a DOA ballast. If it's a Fleabay set, doesn't surprise me as I had the same issue. You could just get a pair from Fleabay as replacements. Consider these CCC ballasts as disposable. You could get better ones but, like anything, you'll pay for it.

Ya I have no idea where these came since there were on my old nytro that someone else installed then relocated them to this one. I need find out if their 35 or 55 watt as well so I can get the correct ballast.
Thanks for the heads up.
I think they may have come from a vendor on TY possibly.

One more thing both HID bulbs are run off of just one stock bulb plugs. Seamed strange to me but I never messed with them before.

I'll do that.

Rockmiester got me all taken care of ! Thanks guys

Only one headlight plug need to be plugged into harness. That is correct, this simply controls the hi/lo beam feature.

Now if you use rocks patch cables could i put his HIDs in my IQR? With the patch cables you don't need the 12v power.
And yes I know I own the two biggest money pit sleds out there LOL!

Now if you use rocks patch cables could i put his HIDs in my IQR? With the patch cables you don't need the 12v power.
And yes I know I own the two biggest money pit sleds out there LOL!

I would contact him to be sure it will work in a 2stroke.

Back