• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID install. Need guidance

Ethan_Messinger

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Putting an HID kit in my buddies nytro. Anyone have instructions or a link to another forum post about how to install? It’s the kit from “headlight experts”. Will we need to run anything to the battery, or will it all run off the factory headlight power? Just super confusing, and I have the kit in my Nytro, but it came installed... I can do a lot to these sleds but this has me stumped.

Attachments

• 3F31D4EE-1861-4AAF-90DB-F587370AD949.jpeg
    3F31D4EE-1861-4AAF-90DB-F587370AD949.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 77

you need an H4 kit for the nytro. just did hids on my sled. i used a kit from DDM some are plug and play. usually the 35watt kit is plug and play. 55watt kits usually pull power from the battery but use the factory harness to trigger the relay. still mostly plug and play but you have to hook up power and ground to the battery... hope that helps.

Thanks! Looks like I figured it out. It’s weird cause it only had 1 connector to the factory headlight plug in, and then 2 ground wires. So 1 of the factory connectors isn’t plugged into anything, but it all works! Oh and yup I had to run a wire to the positive terminal.
you need an H4 kit for the nytro. just did hids on my sled. i used a kit from DDM some are plug and play. usually the 35watt kit is plug and play. 55watt kits usually pull power from the battery but use the factory harness to trigger the relay. still mostly plug and play but you have to hook up power and ground to the battery... hope that helps.

Thanks! Looks like I figured it out. It’s weird cause it only had 1 connector to the factory headlight plug in, and then 2 ground wires. So 1 of the factory connectors isn’t plugged into anything, but it all works! Oh and yup I had to run a wire to the positive terminal.
Your power is being taken from the battery in this case. The one connection to the factory harness is the trigger.
Good info to know if you need to troubleshoot down the road.

Back