• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID lights?

bokrock said:
jlemieu1 said:
powerbulbs.com out of Europe puts out good bulbs too. They say the Osram are a little more brite that Silverstars due to EU allowing slightly more brightness. I have the Osram Silverstar and I love them. They will go on my wifes 08 as soon as I pick it up.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_list. ... 39&cat2=23
I have those in my sled now, they are brighter but I cant get the beam adjusted to were it works good, there too low on low beams and pointing at the trees on high beams. Thats why I was thinking HID might be the answer.
The headlight pod is moving upward with the wind .There is no happy medium!! I tied mine down and it works fine now.There was a big write up on this last year. ;)!

The SilverStar Ultras are excellent, very bright but different light than HID. For running snow, I actually like the Silver Stars better. The HID's reflect a lot and if it is snowing or snow dust in the air, the Silver Stars are better.

bought two real HID plug and play kits for my navigator. $70 a set shipped off of ebay....multiple kelvin choices. got single beam 35 watt sets with a 14 month warranty....can't beat that price! I got one set for my fog lights and one set for the headlights. No nead for hi beams as they are so bright. I only use the fog lights when I'm in the country or no cars on the road. Damn bright. I plan on putting them in the apex and my TL1000R motorcycle.

make sure the kits you use have wire harnesses with fuse and relay and ballasts! I got them for my 08 XB through www.mobilehid.com He is great any problems taken care of and fast shipping his have full 2 year warrenty! I would stay away from the ebay kits... you get what you pay for and fires arent a good thing!

You can buy dual beam HID kits on ebay. Slim ballast kits are $90 for everything you need and include warranty. I chose to go with 130/90 watt blue xenon halogen bulbs from ebay. $38 for the pair, but they kick the heck out of silverstar ultras! The bulbs are tinted blue and the light is white. NO problems.

MountainMax said:
do you have a link for the 70.00 ebay ones, and are all HID's single filiment on the h4 bulbs or do they still do high/low beams?

Hid's don't have a filiment, it's a gas arc. The "high beam" is just an electrical solenoid that moves the reflector back and forth a little

Hid's don't have a filiment, it's a gas arc. The "high beam" is just an electrical solenoid that moves the reflector back and forth a little

Ok, thanks for that, I seen the animated Gif file that showed this in the link above, good info..

MountainMax said:

Ok, thanks for that, I seen the animated Gif file that showed this in the link above, good info..
PIAA SUPERPLASMAS 135/125w the best $50 a piece 4500mi later still bright,won't buy anything else! :Rockon: :Rockon:

Back