• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hit deer last night

dylanjen9

Expert
Hit deer last night at about 60 mph. Did not get hurt looks like oil tank took must of the abuse. Oil tank is dented and leaking at bottom seam. Question is can tank be repair (silicon or welded) and will large dent affect anything? If not repairable how many models/years have same oil tank?

I have never seen as many deer on the trail as I have this year. On Saturday we had to slow down at least 5 times in 130 miles of riding for deer in the trail. Deep snow equals more deer on the trail.

First off glad you are ok. Second, what is going on this season? This is like the 3rd thread or so about hitting deer. Also I think OFT has a heavy duty oil tank.

APEX 06 said:
2006-2010 are the same, its hard to say if the dent will hurt any thing. If you can fine the crack it can be welded.

Depends on the model not just the year. 2006 Nytro's used the old square style. (there is a REALLY nice welded aftermarket model going on ebay right now, I bought one of those for my nytro...)

I got taken right off my sled by a deer two weeks ago. I never saw him coming. Must have been spooked and just running through the woods. I was going about 40mph down a straightaway, next thing I know, I'm flat on back with the wind knocked out of me. Sled stopped on it's side about 30 yards in front of me. Cracked windshield, tabs for the headlight mount were broken and gauges were pushed down into the dash. I think I have a couple of cracked/bruised ribs. Must have got kicked when he went over me.
11000+ miles on this sled, guess it was bound to happen sooner or later

Yes, welcome to the club. I've hit 2 on my Apex. It hurts - a lot lol.

I stiff armed one this Christmas eve....couldn't eat Christmas dinner with the fam. Wifey was PISSED!! No damage to sled but man was i sore

Re: Like a good neighbor

RoyalBlue said:
cat hunter said:
I know the feeling I still have hair under the decals on my sled !!! :die

Always leave the hair under the screens and decals for a Claim.

Leave the blood on the sled as well for the insurance adjuster to see!

Mmmm....... Perhaps someone should sell a "deer collision claim kit" with some deer hair and blood that guys could buy to prepare their sled for the insurance adjuster after they hit a tree or another sled "trying to miss a deer" LOL!

Re: Like a good neighbor

Blue Dave said:
RoyalBlue said:
cat hunter said:
I know the feeling I still have hair under the decals on my sled !!! :die

Always leave the hair under the screens and decals for a Claim.

Leave the blood on the sled as well for the insurance adjuster to see!

Mmmm....... Perhaps someone should sell a "deer collision claim kit" with some deer hair and blood that guys could buy to prepare their sled for the insurance adjuster after they hit a tree or another sled "trying to miss a deer" LOL!

LMAO!
Love it Dave!

I have hit 10, worst was breaking my right hand.

Rockmeister :-o

Back