• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Do I dissemble The Secondary Clutch?

Mochaboy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Phazer fx
1667400572389.png

How does one take apart the secondary clutch? I just don't want the spring to fly back and kill me.... Do I just undo the bolts and it easily falls apart? Or do I need to do something special to hold the spring back? I'm trying to install the additional shim for the hard shifting to reverse fix.

Just take the 3 bolts out that hold the helix on and it will come apart. It will pop up a little but nothing drastic. Keep track of what holes the spring is in. Putting it back together takes a little hand strength but it's not to bad. Unless the phazer clutch is different than regular sleds, then I don't know what I'm talking about.

I did a search for you

if it has stock secondary, you hold pressure on the helix on the back of it and remove the snap ring. then you let the pressure off and it comes apart.

And you MUST replace that snap ring and put it back the same way the original came out (IIRC, the sharp edge facing out). Otherwise, it could fly apart at the worse time and destroy the whole clutch.

Back