• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you adjust fuel computer (mapping)

Johnny Five

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha SR Viper RTX LE
Does anyone have instructions for changing the stock computers' fuel mapping. My sled is a bit fat! I have the Ultra Q muffler. (08 RTX) Can't get ahold of Allan Ulmer, I'd really like to change it before the weekends' rides!

Thanks J5 :yam:

Because there is "soot" inside the tip of the muffler and the people riding behind me say things like "why does your 4 stroke stink so bad?"

Mine seems to load up on fuel a bit and has a slight bog. I was told by dealer only way is to buy a fuel controller - any tricks out there?

power commander

You need a power commander. Call Ulmer...if you can't get ahold of him, try Excell. They sell the same product.

I called Ulmer the other night, he was supposed to email me the instructions. He is really busy right now apparently. I remember the first step was to remove the ground from the computer up in the nose. After that I have no idea. Also, he said that the instructions were on his website for the Apex and it is a similar method, however, I've spent quite a bit of time reading and searching and I can't find it. I know on my boat there is a small adjuster (potentimeter) that you change with a small flat screwdriver but, I'm looking to do it right the first time. If I remember right, you can only make a small adjustment this way, IF you require more you'll need the power comander. But, my sled works great, it is just a bit smelly for the guys behind me and the muffler is pretty black inside the tip.

Any help is great tho' so keep 'em comin'! ;)!

Airwolf, Thank You very very much! That was the thread / info I was looking for. I knew someone would know!

Thanks again!

J5 :rocks:

I added fuel to my nytro with the hauck husher, went up 10 and then lowered back down to 5 for all cylinders

Back