• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you keep your snow flap from damage

H2MAKER

:o| Ok i know its happen to alot of us the snow flap getting stuck under the tunnel when backing up, anyone have any fixes for this aside from removing the flap /or never backing up again in deep powder.

I think woodys has some sort of flap bracket that supposidly stops the flap from getting torn up with studs.

Don't remove it unless you really want to be overheating. That aside from the fact that no one will be able to follow behind you. Basically no, in deep powder, you really can't do much about it other than the strap mentioned. Mostly just have to watch it. And this goes for any sled, not just Yamaha's.

We drilled a small hole into the bottom of the snow flap and use a short bungy cord when backing off trailer or into the garage.

H2MAKER said:
:o| Ok i know its happen to alot of us the snow flap getting stuck under the tunnel when backing up, anyone have any fixes for this aside from removing the flap /or never backing up again in deep powder.

Strap is made fron an old tie down strap. Has worked to date!

Attachments

• DSC01917a.JPG
    DSC01917a.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 228
i cut mine just below the yamaha letters. and very rarley have a problem it has never been pulled under.

Attachments

• snowflap resize.jpg
    snowflap resize.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 186
ahicks said:
H2MAKER said:

Strap is made fron an old tie down strap. Has worked to date!

Totally agree! Get some sort of a strap like he made and there will be no way it will go under, the flaps just need the added strength of something to make them not bend, but in extreme cases you could end up busting your flap right off where it attaches! haha saw it happen to some old lady that got stuck in a huge mudhole..long story.ha

i have and 06 so i put on a 07 and newer flap, and cut it off like apexrtxguy did i have not ate a flap in almost 4000kms and i have backed up in some pretty deep snow and over some big burms, just dont get to crazy cutting it short or the guys in your group wont quit whining!!! so i just tell them that i dont whine that the smell like weedeaters hehehe!

we use starps from the center of the snow flap to the bumper on alot of our race sleds to keep them from getting sucked in. works the best IMO. also it doesnt make it any worse on the guy behind u like cutting it down does.

420ATTAK said:
i have and 06 so i put on a 07 and newer flap, just dont get to crazy cutting it short or the guys in your group wont quit whining!!!quote]

No kidding, three guys in our group have the new flap, one Attack and two Nytros. That thing is the worst snow flap as far as effectiveness to date. Normally we ride close to each other but unless you like getting hit with golf balls you better stay back about 50+ feet.

H2MAKER said:
..... anyone have any fixes for this aside from removing the flap /or never backing up again in deep powder.

Keep several spares around???

LaLaLa

This has been posted on another thread, but here it is again...works like a charm, this is what my dad did to his sled and he hasn't had a problem since. He got this strap kit from Dennis Kirk, it was like $30. Hope this helps ;)!

Attachments

• DSC01906.jpg
    DSC01906.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 169
GIMME SNOW said:
This has been posted on another thread, but here it is again...works like a charm, this is what my dad did to his sled and he hasn't had a problem since. He got this strap kit from Dennis Kirk, it was like $30. Hope this helps ;)!

Thats the ticket! I used a piece of strap like is used on saddle bags I had laying around the shop. Did the same thing. I only used one strap in the center but it works perfect.

Back