• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many years in the procross?

RobWarrior

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 FX NYTRO RTX
Here guys here's a thread on a different subject...lets see if we can keep from bashing?

After seeing the interview of Cats CEO talking about building engines in house he said they will be making their own 4 strokes so at some point Yamaha and Cat will part ways. How long do you guys think Yamaha will use Cats chassis and what do you think Yamaha will bring to the table chassis wise?

I watched it too and I am thinking it will be three years max from what Arctic cats CEO and Chris Reid mentioned in their interviews. Yamaha's short term plan viper three years.

cat may make 4 strokes but not the high output type that suzuki or yamaha build. i can see these companys staying together for years, as long as both are making money. by sharing tech, both reduce costs and increase profit. cat has the most to gain, as their build quality should go up. by working together the tech can get to market quicker benefiting all of us. look how long it took yamaha to come out with tuner skis. people think its easy to just build a new ski and put it on your new sled, but they forget that there are over 5000 patents on skis and you cant just copy them and start production (think skidoo precision). we as consumers will be the winners in the end. if you took off your blue or yellow glasses and could build your perfect sled, you would most likely have a hybrid of all 4 manufactures in it, because all of them have good tech in one area or another.

I think it's going to be a short term relationship...a couple years and some tech from and to both just to bridge the gap and ramp up their own production.
I heard Cat owns the design for the 1100 twin also?

Yamaha will use their unrivaled casting technology and carbon fibre along with ZPS suspension and a 4cyl 4st turbo to make the lightest,lowest and best handling sled in existence!

cannondale27 said:
Yamaha will use their unrivaled casting technology and carbon fibre along with ZPS suspension and a 4cyl 4st turbo to make the lightest,lowest and best handling sled in existence!
Scuba, put down that fatboy,and get yourself a cup of coffee.

Back