• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much power think there is to make with simple mods?

BryanK410

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX
think you will be able to turn up the boost to make 220hp with minor mods?

That is anyone's guess at this point. I would imagine there is a large degree of safety there that you can play with. However Yamaha probably has the electronics made to deliver safe reliable power and any tampering will probably set off an alarm somewhere in the ECU. but that's just my guess..

I have spoken to Erik @MCX. He feels 250++ will be rather easy. Watch for it over the summer months. He just dyno'd a YXZ and felt he would get 230 in the boost table he had programmed. It made 266. so there is power to be had in that platform.
Cheers

I have spoken to Erik @MCX. He feels 250++ will be rather easy. Watch for it over the summer months. He just dyno'd a YXZ and felt he would get 230 in the boost table he had programmed. It made 266. so there is power to be had in that platform.
Cheers
Isn't the new Sidewinder turbo a different platform than the YXZ?

Last edited:
Isn't the new Sidewinder turbo a different platform than the YXZ?
Erik seems to know his stuff.

He sure does.
He helped me to get 280hp @ as low boost as 0.92bar / 192kpa / 13.3 psi in my Viper.

Powerplant in Sidewinder will be good, better then Nytro engine with Dodge ECU, it's designed with boost in mind, have sensors old engine lacks, so ignition maps will work together with boost so more power / lbs of boost will be the result.
But it's sad they used Proclimb chassi for it.

He sure does.
He helped me to get 280hp @ as low boost as 0.92bar / 192kpa / 13.3 psi in my Viper.QUOTE]
Its funny that he couldn't figure out what is wrong with my Viper MCX 190 kit

Its funny that he couldn't figure out what is wrong with my Viper MCX 190 kit

Which way is that funny?
Did you do the install your self?
Know lots of people with MCX 190 kits with zero problems.
Maybe let a knowledge guy/girl take a look @ it, i hope you asked the dealer that sold the kit to you.

Which way is it funny?.. not sure what you mean.. its just a figure of speech. A very knowledgeable person looked at it for me. And found a problem. But Erik doesn't think it's the problem. I asked 3 dealers about the problem. One dealer told me to use extreme caution as he experienced 3 burnt down engines with this kit at sea level. The other dealers offered very little help. Especially the US dealer for MCX. I have it jimmy rigged now so it will not boost above 7 psi. I will never buy MCX products again. And I advise everyone I know to buy anything else.

Which way is it funny?.. not sure what you mean.. its just a figure of speech. A very knowledgeable person looked at it for me. And found a problem. But Erik doesn't think it's the problem. I asked 3 dealers about the problem. One dealer told me to use extreme caution as he experienced 3 burnt down engines with this kit at sea level. The other dealers offered very little help. Especially the US dealer for MCX. I have it jimmy rigged now so it will not boost above 7 psi. I will never buy MCX products again. And I advise everyone I know to buy anything else.

Havn't found the fault on your sled over internet has nothing to do with not knowing his stuff.
I know some about this stuff also since i've been driving Turbo sleds since autumn 2006, modded them and tuned them to perfection, mainly @ sea level, and i have been reading your thread and have no clue what's up, i think some of the info leads to one thing and another thing to something else, it's frustrating not be there in person, would make it alot easier, i feel the pain with you.
Did you buy the kit thru the US MCX dealer as in MCXpress USA?
You are the first person i've heard saying anything bad about his customer support, seriously, first time!

Havn't found the fault on your sled over internet has nothing to do with not knowing his stuff.
I know some about this stuff also since i've been driving Turbo sleds since autumn 2006, modded them and tuned them to perfection, mainly @ sea level, and i have been reading your thread and have no clue what's up, i think some of the info leads to one thing and another thing to something else, it's frustrating not be there in person, would make it alot easier, i feel the pain with you.
Did you buy the kit thru the US MCX dealer as in MCXpress USA?
You are the first person i've heard saying anything bad about his customer support, seriously, first time!

Wow.. I didn't say anything about him "not knowing his stuff"
I bought it through the Canadian dealer in Prince George BC.

I have been dealing with this since January. It has literally ruined my winter. I had to put a spring on the actuator rod so that it doesn't over boost. It works fine now. but as the kit came it would blow my engine, I am 100% sure of that. You don't just let a customer have problems like that.. you try your best to ensure they have a properly working product and that they are happy about it. Unfortunately that is not the case with me.

I am not the first person to have problems with an MCX kit. I have spoken to a few people.

Back