• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to get the plastic panel off near the seat

Zrxpilot

Pro
Was checking my chaincase adjustment and would have liked to have removed the plastic panel that tucks under the front of the seat and attaches to the hood. Pulled an prodded a little bit. Didn't want to break it. Looked in the manual some...couldn't find it covered.

Any tips?

Remove both side panels, the seat, and then undo the dzus fasteners on both sides. The panel I think your talking about wraps around both sides (one piece).

x2 It's one piece. Once the seat is off it is easy to see how it's made.

Zrxpilot said:
Was checking my chaincase adjustment and would have liked to have removed the plastic panel that tucks under the front of the seat and attaches to the hood. Pulled an prodded a little bit. Didn't want to break it. Looked in the manual some...couldn't find it covered.

Any tips?

If I recall there's also a plastic nut that attaches around the fuel tank filler. Take that nut off and the plastic shroud should lift off ...once the seat and other panels are removed of course...

wot-75 said:
Zrxpilot said:

Any tips?

If I recall there's also a plastic nut that attaches around the fuel tank filler. Take that nut off and the plastic shroud should lift off ...once the seat and other panels are removed of course...

You don't need to remove that one for the wrap around section, but you do need to remove it for the upper plastic part that goes up to the steering column. As mentioned already, pop the seat, 2 dzeus fasteners and it comes right off. BTW, what's with AC's affinity with metric and Standard. I hauled out my suspension this am to start beefing it up and get ready for the stage 5's. 1/2" on the 4 bolts and 15mm for the inside nut on the front. I need to pack the whole tool chest for any potential repairs!! Very frustrating.

Back