• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HTR Sled Wrap just Arrived for my Apex!!!!

Looks great! :Rockon:

04Brian said:
Looks great... getting ready to install mine this week hopefully. Any problems with bubbles?

Get ready..... extra hands is a bonus, take your time you only get 1 shot.
"Im not saying its gonna be easy, I'm saying its gonna be Worth it"

Did you order from HTR?
I found there vinyl extremely strechy and easy to work with.

I had help for the windsheild, but the rest I did solo, in 8 hours

Its all about the prepwork
remove the old stickers with the hair dryer or heat gun
good clean with the alcohol.

Only hard part was around the bottom where the oval (yamaha logo)was extremely akward and almost a little too much vinyl so i just made a cut, it fit together well almost unnoticable.
-then i took the hair dryer to it and blended it together, made sure the glue was on good where I made my cuts , Then covered it with the HTR Logo Sticker + Hair dryer to make the glue stick really good and now its totally unnoticable.

Most Important tips to doing this,
Wear gloves dont use bare hands, your gonna break a hardcore sweat during this and the oils on your hands get on the sticker, I like the black double pucture proof so they dont rip and stick to the vinyl, they worked extremly well, but the old school dish washing gloves probly work well too.

The next most important thing was making sure you heat up the vinyl really good with the hair dryer, and press it into the texture on the pannels, you will see the texture in the graphic on the top vinyl.
this gets the glue into the texture really good.

Good luck with yours , be sure to post Pic's!!! ;)!

WOW, that definitely transformed the sled to something origanal & sooo sweeeeeeeet!!!!
Did you use soapy water to put the decals on, or a different method?

I cleaned it up wit soap and water,
then used alcohol to make sure the surface was clean,
once the alcohol is dry, I just used a hair dryer.

I can't belive how much It changed the look of the sled.
I really want to wrap the tank and exhaust covers next.

I usually do the soapy water application trick, that way you can move the decal to where you want then squeegy out the bubbles.
I don't have enough practise to put them on dry yet!! lol

Sled wrap

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! I've been looking at that wrap for several weeks but it's pretty high priced. I saw his preseason price, but with shipping its still over $400.00 Sleddog33

Re: Sled wrap

sleddog33 said:
THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! I've been looking at that wrap for several weeks but it's pretty high priced. I saw his preseason price, but with shipping its still over $400.00 Was it hard to apply? Sleddog33

They sent me a left over one from the Edmonton sled show, @ $300 and shipping was 35$, It showed up in 1 day(but I live in BC).

It was very easy to apply, I did 90% of it Solo.
No previous experience doing anything like this before.
It looks so awesome in person, I see it in the Garage and I can't belive that sick looking machine is mine!!!
feels rewarding once it was all completed.

I think It was a great way to spend the weekend.
And you dont see very many Apex's wraped.
Theres somthing about the custom look that says "Thats My sled".
I dont care about the price it puts a huge smile on my face everytime I look at it ;)!

Im wondering i see on the website its 2007-2011 apex would this wraps work on a 06 i dont really see any plastic different between the 06 07 but maybe i m wrong.

Paulson14 said:
Im wondering i see on the website its 2007-2011 apex would this wraps work on a 06 i dont really see any plastic different between the 06 07 but maybe i m wrong.

The '06 - '10 Apex's are all the same.

:Rockon:

378783_10150368105839620_507399619_8504526_2140008001_n.jpg

My Apex Seen Snow For The 1st time today.

burnoutink said:
378783_10150368105839620_507399619_8504526_2140008001_n.jpg

My Apex Seen Snow For The 1st time today.

Sledding already! :o| Sledhead from freedomsledder.com (Ont section) just headed out to Castlegar and has been sledding the past few days, sure a lot of jealous peeps, inlcuding myself that are on the site now LOL

Sled looks great burnout!

Back