• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Huge number of ads in all forums.

100% agree. I just sent a PP to the site as a donation. Sometimes we just need a reminder that nothing in this life is free and this site has proven itself time and again to provide great value whether it’s the technical documents, the near ego free open discussions, or the social connection.
Thank you sir!! Very appreciated.

I’m being contacted from a few users not be able to use the site form all the ads. What am I missing?? I use my iPhone works great. Use my computer with Mozilla and that also works fine. Anyone give me some feedback?

Yes I paid a VIP and using Firefox and have three ads coming in from the left and right panels and the bottom. I have no idea who you are unless I move the screen quickly. I don't see beyond the "you" ... did I write the word "unless" move screen......? Can't tell. Post button hidden but I do see an edge

Yes I paid a VIP and using Firefox and have three ads coming in from the left and right panels and the bottom. I have no idea who you are unless I move the screen quickly. I don't see beyond the "you" ... did I write the word "unless" move screen......? Can't tell. Post button hidden but I do see an edge
Strange it don’t do that for me . I’ll have to take a closer look this eve. So basically the side ads are causing errors? You can click the x on those ads to turn them off each time for now.

Turned off side ads, better?

I can only speak abut the use on PC's
The side ads where creeping in on the sides and not allowing the full view of the center of screen. It happened if your screen was set to above %100.
I reset my screen from %125 back to %100 and could then see the center without the side ads blocking anything.
I do not know if this was the problem on all platforms or not

I can only speak abut the use on PC's
The side ads where creeping in on the sides and not allowing the full view of the center of screen. It happened if your screen was set to above %100.
I reset my screen from %125 back to %100 and could then see the center without the side ads blocking anything.
I do not know if this was the problem on all platforms or not
It was a real nice way to make money but I have now turned them off. :(

Need more VIPs now.

@MrSled its probably an issue with the minimum width that is set in the template for the website. Many of these template driven sites use a minimum width setting (1024 or something) that triggers how to display the screen, typically between desktop and mobile display mode. I have found that some sites use a minimum width definition that is still too large for mobile so they run the desktop display settings even when the user is on a restricted display (due to low resolution + Zoom). This makes it a fight between the browser and the site in terms of what is visible and what gets drawn over. In this case it sounds like the combination of ads/zoom is not rendering well. If you want to fix this (it should be possible), you need more data, you need to know which browser, zoom setting, screen resolution, and so forth coupled with what the settings are in the site templates. This is also a problem for the forum company (xenforo?) whomever they are as it isn't just your site that would have the issue.

@MrSled its probably an issue with the minimum width that is set in the template for the website. Many of these template driven sites use a minimum width setting (1024 or something) that triggers how to display the screen, typically between desktop and mobile display mode. I have found that some sites use a minimum width definition that is still too large for mobile so they run the desktop display settings even when the user is on a restricted display (due to low resolution + Zoom). This makes it a fight between the browser and the site in terms of what is visible and what gets drawn over. In this case it sounds like the combination of ads/zoom is not rendering well. If you want to fix this (it should be possible), you need more data, you need to know which browser, zoom setting, screen resolution, and so forth coupled with what the settings are in the site templates. This is also a problem for the forum company (xenforo?) whomever they are as it isn't just your site that would have the issue.
Thanks for the info. This would be something I would have to ask my guy about. It’s way over my head.

They appear to be gone!!! I m I going crazy? the bottom ad can X out if I need too the side panel ads are gone
Thanks
Mr Sled.

Back