• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax wear

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Installed new hyfax after 5,102 miles on original factory hyfax. Rode about 700 miles on the new and it's already at the wear marks in two areas. My original did the same thing and lasted 3 years after. I will just keep an eye on the wear and see how it goes. I run my track with about 1 in of sag when rear is lifted. Hard to beleave but my original hyfax was still good when I replaced it..... :jump: :-o

Attachments

• hyfaxwear.jpg
    hyfaxwear.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 137
  • hyfax2.jpg
    hyfax2.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 188

I have had the same experience. I think they wear until they load the wheels and then very little.

I have them right at the line for a LONG time

Yamadoo

Get some excell wheels or PP wheel lowering kit! When u install new slides they will not wear down and you will not have to worry about slim slides.

Mine were the same way. First day out with the new ones, guys behind me smelt them all day long. "you're burning sliders man!" Ha!

Put the Dupont ones this weekend, and looking forward to seeing how they wear...NOT!!! Ha!

Physics! Hyfax material has a melting point. With low snow conditions, it will reach that point quicker as you increase speed. With great snow conditions, don't think that the hyfax melting point miraculously disappears. It's still the same, but you may be able to hold your increased speed for a longer period. Eventually, they'll begin melting if they reach that point.

You can pin 'er to the bar, but try to think of the heat you're creating and limit your throttle pulls; even in deeper snow conditions. I've done this ever since owing Yamahas and have significantly reduced my hyfax wear.

monte1214 said:
Mine were the same way. First day out with the new ones, guys behind me smelt them all day long. "you're burning sliders man!" Ha!

Put the Dupont ones this weekend, and looking forward to seeing how they wear...NOT!!! Ha!

Dupont slides are the answer. I have put 600 miles on mine this year in poor to decent conditions and they have zero wear. These are the real deal guys!

Back