• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I can't believe I had never heard of the Boss Seat law suit against Yamaha

BETHEVIPER

Lifetime Member
Back in 2005, Yamaha was sued by Boss Industries over, Ironically, the worst riding seat Yamaha had installed to date on a Pro action chassis. The Layers of Irony that come from this make a tall cake as the hard viper seat combined with the horrible valving of the suspension combined to sell more boss seats than most other models before it, not to mention Ad Boivine and Fast skids. Much of the money to litigate came from the sales of boss seats for the seat that encouraged people to buy their seat.

I remember by the end of the season 2002, I had installed two different sets of shocks in my skid as well as shimmed and tightened up every pivot to no avail. I was running clicker ohlins and in a desperate move, I threw a srx seat on my sled, it rode so much better. I then tore apart my seat and shaved off the shape of the viper seat, cut down the srx foam and glued it back on. I did several other for people in the area. I remember there being a large hunk of Styrofoam in the center of the seat. This was the issue that got them sued. This and the use of this in a few other seats by the time the law suit got underway. Rx1 and apexes did the same thing. They lost. And now WRP/seat concepts is using the same style to save weight and prop up a tall seat.

It makes for some boring reading, even more boring than reading the above editorial from me. Here is the link to the appeal

Boss vs. Yamaha

Back