• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I finally sold the Viper, and you won't like its replacement...

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The day after the 2017 releases here I am deciding to crawl out from the snowball i've been hiding behind since the start of the winter. The new releases prompted me to the forums, along with a buddy of mine who has another thread going about the return of the VK 540.

To those who are taking the time to ask on my youtube page where the hell the video's are for this year? Well the same friend posted a video answer to that and i have to admit I look depressed in it for some reason:

The break from filming/editing has been nice, but i've been on the sleds as much as usual. Many of you know of the struggles I had with my Viper, and what eventually led to me going back to a BRP product last year. I was recently in Quebec for a 3 day trip as a side to some training for work. I rode with a talented team of Yamaha riders. One of them is the owner of a forum much like TY, but in French for those who understand and write in the language. It was a great trip, and I did bust out the helmet camera for it, so I will have a video coming. I'm downloading the footage to my computer as I write this.

Back to the thread's subject line, I decided to list the viper for sale again about a month or so ago. I was practically giving it away at a price of $6500 CDN. I've been glued to my other sled since its purchase, and the Viper wasn't getting a lot of use due to our ongoing feud. Needless to say, a buyer came knocking and picked up the machine. It just wasn't the sled for me in my conditions for how I ride. Not a week later I signed ink on a new sled. My dealer managed to locate the twin brother of the Backcountry I already have, and with the rebates on the 2015's, it was a no brainer for me - after all my Viper struggles, I was driven to stick with what works, so there are now two 2015 Ski-doo Backcountry 600 E-TEC's in the driveway, one with over 7500 km's on it and the other with 200 km's on it. 3rd in the row is my 2009 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX with 22,000 km's on it. I've ridden it twice this year, but I'm not sure how long it will remain in the fleet.

So that's kinda the status update on my sled situation for those who wanted to know - not the most TY friendly news, but that's the direction shift for me after owning 4 consecutive brand new Yamaha 4 stroke snowmobiles.

I've yet to absorb all the 2017 offerings from Yamaha or Polaris, though I was really happy to read the ECU in the Sidewinder is Yamaha (Mitsubishi). 1 of my 2 largest gripes with the viper was the AC programming. It's a crazy snowmobile market we are living in these days, eh?

Cheers,

YK

My buddies love their 1200 Doo's. I was hoping for a 150hp version of the four stroke Doo but no luck. I would have jumped ship for that. Looks like Yamaha doesn't want to build sleds any more, but I keep hoping!

The day after the 2017 releases here I am deciding to crawl out from the snowball i've been hiding behind since the start of the winter. The new releases prompted me to the forums, along with a buddy of mine who has another thread going about the return of the VK 540.

To those who are taking the time to ask on my youtube page where the hell the video's are for this year? Well the same friend posted a video answer to that and i have to admit I look depressed in it for some reason:

The break from filming/editing has been nice, but i've been on the sleds as much as usual. Many of you know of the struggles I had with my Viper, and what eventually led to me going back to a BRP product last year. I was recently in Quebec for a 3 day trip as a side to some training for work. I rode with a talented team of Yamaha riders. One of them is the owner of a forum much like TY, but in French for those who understand and write in the language. It was a great trip, and I did bust out the helmet camera for it, so I will have a video coming. I'm downloading the footage to my computer as I write this.

Back to the thread's subject line, I decided to list the viper for sale again about a month or so ago. I was practically giving it away at a price of $6500 CDN. I've been glued to my other sled since its purchase, and the Viper wasn't getting a lot of use due to our ongoing feud. Needless to say, a buyer came knocking and picked up the machine. It just wasn't the sled for me in my conditions for how I ride. Not a week later I signed ink on a new sled. My dealer managed to locate the twin brother of the Backcountry I already have, and with the rebates on the 2015's, it was a no brainer for me - after all my Viper struggles, I was driven to stick with what works, so there are now two 2015 Ski-doo Backcountry 600 E-TEC's in the driveway, one with over 7500 km's on it and the other with 200 km's on it. 3rd in the row is my 2009 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX with 22,000 km's on it. I've ridden it twice this year, but I'm not sure how long it will remain in the fleet.

So that's kinda the status update on my sled situation for those who wanted to know - not the most TY friendly news, but that's the direction shift for me after owning 4 consecutive brand new Yamaha 4 stroke snowmobiles.

I've yet to absorb all the 2017 offerings from Yamaha or Polaris, though I was really happy to read the ECU in the Sidewinder is Yamaha (Mitsubishi). 1 of my 2 largest gripes with the viper was the AC programming. It's a crazy snowmobile market we are living in these days, eh?

Cheers,

YK
You look depressed because Yamaha won't build what you and most of us want, BTW I enjoy your videos.

My buddies love their 1200 Doo's. I was hoping for a 150hp version of the four stroke Doo but no luck. I would have jumped ship for that. Looks like Yamaha doesn't want to build sleds any more, but I keep hoping!
Rode a friends 1200 the other day. Electronic throttle is terrible, not linear and therefore hard to control. But the sled is so quiet, smooth, no vibration or noises. Feels very high quality. Smoother ride than the Viper but not night and day. Tempting but not quite.

Rode a friends 1200 the other day. Electronic throttle is terrible, not linear and therefore hard to control. But the sled is so quiet, smooth, no vibration or noises. Feels very high quality. Smoother ride than the Viper but not night and day. Tempting but not quite.

Agreed on the e-throttle programming. It's find if you want to roll into it on wide curving trails, but if you modulate it at all and try to time it off a berm or something you are SOL.

Enjoy all your video's looking for more. Friend bought the new Renegade Enduro Ace loves it,

My lightly modded viper smoked my buddy's 16' Renegade 1200 tec, and he's fully studded with a can.

Charley say it aint so!!!
Yellowknife enjoy, I agree they seem to be good sleds. Have enjoyed your videos and thought my 15 VIPER was likely better because of them. Coldest starts were just teens below and no issues..... THANKS and have fun be safe!

Charley say it aint so!!!
Yellowknife enjoy, I agree they seem to be good sleds. Have enjoyed your videos and thought my 15 VIPER was likely better because of them. Coldest starts were just teens below and no issues..... THANKS and have fun be safe!

I was riding Cat before I jumped to Yamaha for the RX Motor. I came from Ski-Doo before that, Matt had 10,000 plus miles on his 1200 Doo before our trip and I've rode with him for most of those, nothing the matter with that 1200. I think the T-Cat for 2017 is the nicest looking of all the new 2017's followed by the ZR 9000 followed by the Sidewinder XTX le, The Doo is kinda uglied up way to much.

i think id own a 600 etech but not a 800...my cousins 2014 800 just blew up kinda not impressed....seems like a 800 issue tho. so far my catviper has been solid for 7000kms almost so i cant complain

Back