• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I must be abnormal....

Ohiohntr

Extreme
Picked up my new 2015 L-TX-DX (96 studs, 6" carbide in and out) today and I went over it with a fine tooth comb....I found the fit and finish to be exceptional, I even took the side panels off and put them back on several times learning about the sled.

Maybe I have low standards or something but there wasn't anything that I thought (really?).

The only annoyance is the dealer did not give me the OM at the time of purchase and both goggle bag and tunnel bag were on back order (both will be resolved without issue I'm sure).

I took a few spins around the yard and was smiling ear to ear the whole time....so wasn't my dare-devil daughter!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 182

No, you are not alone! I also looked over my 2015 Viper and was very impressed with how good the fit and finish was. And although it has a April 2015 build date it starts up well every time......and no reflash! And my 2 favorite "little things" on it are the goggle bag and the heated seat.

Another point, I put on the tallest windshield yesterday and it fit perfectly. Took all of 5 minutes to swap out and no crazy prop rods! And side by side it is as tall as the tall shield on my buds Vector!

Yes, thanks to both Yamaha and Artic Cat I am LOVING my new Viper!!!

I didn't really find anything wrong with finish either. Nothing I haven't seen on any other sled anyway.funny I was wondering why no one liked it. This is my first Yamaha.

Some just complain to complain!!
I love it too!!
My nytro had a couple issues first when I got it and then had 14000 kms trouble free.
I have already had the starter issue with my viper and another issue but hope that will be it.
To me we now have the best chassis and the best motor in the industry.
What's to complain about...... As long as it has Yamaha reliability.!!!

That all black sure does look sweet! I've been looking at this same model. Glad your happy...looks like your daughter is too!

That all black sure does look sweet! I've been looking at this same model. Glad your happy...looks like your daughter is too!
My fit / appearance was good. I came from a Apex, so I was a little spoiled. But I'm super happy, and sled is awesome.

any of you ltx-dx guys finding the ride a little stiff? I got this model with the coil overs looking for a plush ride but im NOT complaining.

I have a little over 1,000 miles on mine .... so far I luv my LTX-DX. Put AC Tour wshield and mirrors on it... 96 up the middle and 6 in Snostudz carbides on inside.. Might sharpen OEM 3" and put on outside . Happy with top end and pull. Came off 09 nytro xtx.... not looking back ...... very very happy so far ....:jump:

any of you ltx-dx guys finding the ride a little stiff? I got this model with the coil overs looking for a plush ride but im NOT complaining.
The first year I had mine, it was a little stiff. This year it has settled in just right.

Spending a week here in MI....rode 100+ miles today after getting checked in....I'm impressed!!! The sled did everything I wanted to go do and I felt I pushed it hard for a new sled. Zero ski lift, zero darting, etc etc etc....not sure what else anyone would want in a sled. The only thing I noticed is my heated seat isn't working (might just not be plugged in from dealer...they can sort it out at first service) and I'm definitely going to invest in some knee pads because after coming off a Nytro (death trap compared to Viper) I am use to hugging the tank and my knees are beat up.

Up early to ride again tomorrow....can't wait!!!

It is nice to hear some good things about these Vipers for a change! I got a 2014 left over LTX SE with MPI turbo 144 trail studs dual runners and a DX windshield and it is the best handling, smoothest riding, and quickest sled I have ever owned! 750 trouble free miles so far! Working on dialing in the clutching but so far a great sled. It gets a little deflating at times reading all the negativity on here at times.

Wait a year and you will notice all the rub marks on your panels, especially the ones where your knees touch the cowling. If it wasn't in such a noticeable spot I wouldn't care, but it stares you right in the face. I looked at buying a used 2014 but when I seen that I said no way, just looked cheap.

Wait a year and you will notice all the rub marks on your panels, especially the ones where your knees touch the cowling. If it wasn't in such a noticeable spot I wouldn't care, but it stares you right in the face. I looked at buying a used 2014 but when I seen that I said no way, just looked cheap.

I have 2 LTX Vipers with a couple thousand miles on them and have no rub marks. Can you send a picture!

Spending a week here in MI....rode 100+ miles today after getting checked in....I'm impressed!!! The sled did everything I wanted to go do and I felt I pushed it hard for a new sled. Zero ski lift, zero darting, etc etc etc....not sure what else anyone would want in a sled. The only thing I noticed is my heated seat isn't working (might just not be plugged in from dealer...they can sort it out at first service) and I'm definitely going to invest in some knee pads because after coming off a Nytro (death trap compared to Viper) I am use to hugging the tank and my knees are beat up.

Up early to ride again tomorrow....can't wait!!!

I was in the UP with my new rtx-dx and like you absolutely loved it. I just remembered my heated seat isn't working either. I checked under the seat, and it is plugged in, so I'll have to take it back to the dealer. I don't know what area you were in but the Paradise/Grand Marais area had very loose snow. We had 7 in our group (fast riders) and everyone was having issue with push and less than stellar stearing. The day before we were over towards the Brimely/Saulte and trails were more packed and this sled railed. IMO, initial impressions are, this sled is every bit as good fit/finish as my Attak.

My issues with the fit and finish are:

- Having to unscrew the hood to remove (God help you if there's a fire under the hood)
- Feeling like I have to force panels in and out of place
- Rough edges around the dash area
- The number of random openings around the front suspension area that snow can get in (fine for trail, but bad for powder)

Nothing huge for sure, and light years better than what AC has done with the same chassis.

Back