• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need to be schooled on passenger handwarmer wiring

MitchRS

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 RS Venture GT
Hello,

As i'm reaching to tail end of putting my Venture GT back together, I decided to tackle my passenger hand warmers that haven't worked since owning the sled. First I thought that the handwarmers themselves weren't working so I tried peeling back the rubbber boot off of them, i tried heating them and worked them for a could hours with no luck... How the hell do people get these rolled up??

I then decided to power them with 12V supply to see if they were indeed working and they are, I should have done that in the first place :o|

HW4.jpg
HW5.jpg

Then came the wiring, the connector at the front of the sled has 6 wires going to it. I believe that the Green/Yellow - Yellow/Blue - And black are for the handwarmers? And the light Blue, light Green and Green/Red are for the tail light? (Brake switch and constant running light). What I can't seem to understand is, where does the Blue/Pink wire come from to supply power to the switch? I still need to test to see if 12V is getting there when revving the motor up, that'll be for next weekend.

HW.jpg
HW1.jpg

HW2.jpg

Thanks again to this forum for any input or guidance.

Last edited:

the passenger warmers only run under certain conditions from 05 and up. the battery has to be fully charged, you have to be over a certain rpm and going over a certain speed (if memory serves). went through this with my dad's 05 sx venture witch is set to be the same way. to get around it, i bought the fix rock made so they work all the time that he has on his site. the only thing with his fix is that you need to turn them off always when not in use.

link to his site

the passenger warmers only run under certain conditions from 05 and up. the battery has to be fully charged, you have to be over a certain rpm and going over a certain speed (if memory serves). went through this with my dad's 05 sx venture witch is set to be the same way. to get around it, i bought the fix rock made so they work all the time that he has on his site. the only thing with his fix is that you need to turn them off always when not in use.

link to his site

Hi maim,

I'm aware of how the system works by researching for the last week lol. I believe the fix from rock is a replacement relay if i'm not mistaken and ignores the needed RPM range for the system to operate? That's ok with me as I always turn it off if I do not have a passenger with me, I'm planning on doing more trail riding this year and the mother in-law wants to go for a few rides so I just want to make sure she's comfortable.

I'm more confused about the wiring itself and how it all works because to me it looks like power goes into the switch through the Blue/Pink - Orange/Black wires and then depending on if you select Hi or Low then the power goes down the Green/Red or Yellow/Blue wire to the heating elements and gets grounded through the Black wire.

i think it ignores battery level as well.

i will be honest with you in that i have never had to dig that far into it. i know one side is high and the other is low and as long as it works, i am good with it.

i think it ignores battery level as well.

i will be honest with you in that i have never had to dig that far into it. i know one side is high and the other is low and as long as it works, i am good with it.
I'll check it out and most likely order from him.

Lol fair enough! I can't wait to have mine working again.

I tested the connection going to the switch over the weekend and I was getting 17V at idle which is very strange. What would cause this?

Back