• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Light wiring

freetime

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Yamaha Vector
I just bought a 08 Vector GT LTX. Completely going through everything before snow flies. Looking for some wiring help. The guy I bought it from started adding ground effect LED's on the front and around the front shocks. I don't like how he started the wiring. He added a switch mounted on the gauge panel that goes to the lights and I assume he was going to run to the battery. I'd like to wire them to the ignition or even the headlights if possible removing the switch and any chance of forgetting to turn them off. Anyone know where I could grab a wire to use with direct to the LEDs or to trigger a relay? Can't wait to get this project done. Will try posting a picture when it starts looking like a Vector again.

Does your 08 Vector LTX GT have the AUX port like my 08 Apex LTX GT has? If so, that is what I would tap into as it will only have power when the sled has started and is running:
ApexAUX.JPG

Oh gosh, I never thought of that! Thank you I will use that. To focused on all the suspension and other stuff I have apart and can't go back together yet. I like your Apex, I wanted the 50th anniversary white but couldn't say no to the price on this one. It's the blue version which is still pretty cool you know it's a Yamaha.

Back