• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I now own an ATTAK

Tod

Lifetime Member
Just joined the four stroke crowd. Picked up a used Attak with 750 miles on it. It came with a cover, skid plate and extra belt.

now what size studs and how many do I put in that 136????? probably need some skis too.....?

Tod

Congratulations!
applause.gif

I have moved your thread into the Apex/Attak section so you will get more visibility from other owners.
teach.gif

I decided not to stud my Attak and after 2750 miles last season, I like it without studs. My last three sleds had studs; 96 down the middle on 121" tracks. I just wanted to try something different and I liked the Attak without studs. You can try to search on past threads regarding studs and length for the Attak. If you have problems with the search, I will help you find the appropriate threads.

As for skis, again there are lots of great threads on this too. I rode the whole season with the stock skis. I did replace the stock wear bars with a set of Bergstrom Triple Points with 6" carbides and shimmed the skis. I like the set up but it does push a little too much in the corners in loose snow conditions. I probably just need to adjust the sled so there is a little more ski pressure. Others went with C&A Razors, SLP Powder Pros, Slydogs, etc. The key is to be honest with your riding style in selecting an appropriate ski and not one that is used by the racers unless you have Popeye forearms.

You will love the sled, based on your location looks like you will be trailering. Ride it and than decide what you feel you need.

Jim

Matt, do I have Popeye forearms? LOL

Congrats Tod, let me know on some special tinkering..............

I have something like 126 studs on mine. Made up my own patern. Works very well. I'm not big on a lot of studs. Some people will tell you you need extra studs or they will rip out. I went a season on mine with only a few bent. Studboy has always worked very well for me.

For ski's I went with C&A's. Just look into what kind of ski you want. They've always been good for me.

I put 144 double and single up the center on my RTX and you can feel them bite a little but to be honest i'm not sure they are really doing anything significant. I'm a fan of studs, as I ride in MI and an icy corner is generally not far ahead. But with the transfer set on the low end ( to reduce the ski life and aid in the cornering) I don't think they are as effective as I thought. I guess their not hurting anything other than maybe additional rotational weight, oh ya, and scaring my driveway. Is it the track, the weight transfer...? Dunno. But some food for thought.

:4STroke:

Congrats Tod. If I remember right you have a place around Gaylord???? If you do much off trail riding up here you might want to consider a 1.5" track. You're going to love the Attak, Great choice! Try giving me a PM next winter, maybe we can meet up for a day of riding.

Guys, thanks for the replies. I have put it away for now but will be getting it out as early as possible to start tinkering.

Tod

Popeye Forearms?
Do you guys know the Apex & Attak have handlebars that are 3 inches narrower than a Viper. THAT's A LOT OF LEVERAGE LOST!
I wish I could get the same Attak bars 3 inches wider!

just couldnt let tom out do u...... great to hear, hopefully this coming winter we can hook up when ur up this way......

we both talked about getting new sleds so it was just a matter of finding the right deal. And we both did.

We will always let you know when we are headed that way. I think going towards your way is our new favorite for a good days ride.

Tod

Back