• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I want to install a water temp gauge......

I have a 06 Apex GT. Does anyone make a water temp gauge kit for this sled? I've seen some installs with a nicely made plate that the stock gauge slides through, and has the single 2" hole for the gauge.

Not sure if there is a kit ready to go or not?? I want to get this installed and ready to go for my 1st of March trip. Thanks everyone.

try contacting ulmer racing as he hasa gauge and inline fitting with sensor availible.

Prosportgauges

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 353
  • image.png
    image.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 300
Nothing fancy about water temp gauges.... pick one you like! I prefer one with a digital reading with a color sweep above. You can make a simple bracket to mount it up from behind your speedo. Splice the sensor into the horizontal coolant hose between the thermostat and head inlets! 2 Easy!

Nothing fancy about water temp gauges.... pick one you like! I prefer one with a digital reading with a color sweep above. You can make a simple bracket to mount it up from behind your speedo. Splice the sensor into the horizontal coolant hose between the thermostat and head inlets! 2 Easy!

Just like Jones above! ^^^

Prosportgauges

The sending unit is the Purple one for 28mm? Can't tell which gauge holder you got.. do you have a part number for that ?

Yes, very simple. I picked up all the bits and pieces off ebay and it was an hour job. Search the forum and you will get loads of info. Time may not be on your side if you do end up sourcing from an online dealer.

The sending unit is the Purple one for 28mm? Can't tell which gauge holder you got.. do you have a part number for that ?
Actually that sending unit was a shade to big but I forced it on there, and I don't have a part number but check out prosportgauges.com and you'll find it on thier site.it all came as one kit. The holder and all

If memory serves, you need a 26mm diameter for the heater hose on the in line sending unit, got mine off ebay for less than 10 bux.

c75e28724b6723400a93912b41fd0894.jpg

91738974669551246f8fa0832916e7ae.jpg

This one works great

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I installed one on my MP,
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/temp-gauge-install.128397/

Used a 26mm hose adapter. The gauge I used then is now failing (expected that with CCC). I just bought a nice little Koso gauge that I will be installing. I was going to make a mount to put it just above the gauge pod but after seeing @jjreds install in the pad, I'll just stick mine there too with either velcro or double sided tape.

Go to canadian tire buy a mechanical temp guage for $20 and a copper water tap for $5 , unscrew the tap thow it away then thead in the adaptor from the guage solder it in, cut he hose in front of the brake disc put the tap assembly in install 2 hose clamps install the guage above the spedometer tap into the light wire and install a ground for the light , very simple for $25 been running 1 like this for 10 years

Back