• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice build up on Nytro XTX

You asked about my buddies sled. Absolutely no ice at all. I am installing a plate to the tunnel protectors I hope this takes care of the build up. Oh so far I have 1040 miles on the Nytro this year.

14531526630191992843232.jpg

I installed a 12"x36" alum plate to the tunnel protectors. I ran the plate as far back as possible. This keeps the header exposed to the snow spray for cooling. I have run just over 128 miles so far with this plate. Minimal ice or snow build up. 100x better than before. Thanks for all the insight

I installed a 12"x36" alum plate to the tunnel protectors. I ran the plate as far back as possible. This keeps the header exposed to the snow spray for cooling. I have run just over 128 miles so far with this plate. Minimal ice or snow build up. 100x better than before. Thanks for all the insight
I hope u have better luck than I did with that setup. Tried that last year, and had problems with ice bridging between my tunnel protectors and tunnel, which would in turn block off my Mtx heat exchanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ridden a few hundred more miles since the plate install. I still get some ice building above the right side tunnel wheel. Enough that the track will start to lift off the wheel and ride on the ice. Not as bad as before the plate though. Any more suggestions?

Back