• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice Cobra 1.6 or Ice Attak XT for my RTX DX?

Blue Dave

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX DX
I will be taking delivery of my new 2015 RTX DX this week. The dealer is willing to swap out the stock track for something else if I want. He offered me a 1.75" track at no charge (even exchange and no labor cost) but that is too much lug height for me. I ride primarily groomed trails with very little off trail riding.

I had an Ice ripper XT on my Apex and I found it to be a good compromise between studs and no studs. Therefore I am thinking about doing the same thing on my Viper. I went to the Camoplast website and found out that in the 129" length I only have two choices in "pre-studded" tracks.

They offer the Ice Cobra 1.6 (9245C) and the Ice Attak XT (9236H). My question is which one will be better for mostly on trail riding? I want whichever one offers better hard pack acceleration and braking performance. Off trail performance and top speed are not as important to me.

Thanks in advance for your advice and insight.

I have both of those tracks on sleds. I do like the ice attak xt on the trail but I'm more of a cobra fan and prefer the 1.6. It sounds like with your riding the ice attak would be just fine and hold up longer. It's nice and maintenance free without worrying about studs and the Ripsaw 2 design works well on the trails. Just not as well off the trail as the cobra.

I have the 1.6" ice cobra track on my new viper, I haven't rode it on trails or ice, just some big drifts in fields, only put 100 miles in it so far but it hooks up great and was awesome in the deep powder. I didn't feel any vibration or hear any noise when riding it in low snow conditions, the paddles seem very flexible.

Back