• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done. Thanks for nothing Yamaha.

7 skulls

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
It's clear that yamaha doesn't care about snowmobiles anymore (AC business announcement). As a yamaha snowmobile loyalist, waiting 6 years for this, I am done. I would have rather yamaha exited the snowbiz entirely than this. I'll keep my current yamaha sleds, ride my yfz and dream: IF ONLY YAMAHA MADE SNOWMOBILES AGAIN.

POO or DOO here I come.

Arctic Cat's first screw up, releasing the partnership info before the actual due time :o|

I am guessing Yamaha is none to pleased about this?

I think this is a great move. I fail to understand why people are pissed that Yamaha is having their sleds built here in the United States. Does anyone know what the changes were to Cats chassis to accommodate Yamahas spec? No. Everyone has whined that Yamaha needs a new chassis and suspension. Now that it has happened these same people are mad that they are getting a far superior product than what they have now. Just because it is being built in Cats factory does not mean it is going to be a dud. The sleds are still being built to Yamaha specs. True? The current Cats are far better riding and handling then pretty much any Yamaha ever built. Sure Cat has had some quality issues due to jumping the gun on releasing a new product, but I do not see Yamaha letting this happen to their new rides.

vector06 said:
I think this is a great move. I fail to understand why people are pissed that Yamaha is having their sleds built here in the United States. Does anyone know what the changes were to Cats chassis to accommodate Yamahas spec? No. Everyone has whined that Yamaha needs a new chassis and suspension. Now that it has happened these same people are mad that they will are getting a far superior product than what they have now. Just because it is being built in Cats factory does not mean it is going to be a dud. The sleds are still being built to Yamaha specs. True? The current Cats are far better riding and handling then pretty much any Yamaha ever built. Sure Cat has had some quality issues due to jumping the gun on releasing a new product, but I do not see Yamaha letting this happen to their new rides.

Great points! Oh, and like the the '08 FX Nytro was perfect? meh!

vector06 said:
I think this is a great move. I fail to understand why people are pissed that Yamaha is having their sleds built here in the United States. Does anyone know what the changes were to Cats chassis to accommodate Yamahas spec? No. Everyone has whined that Yamaha needs a new chassis and suspension. Now that it has happened these same people are mad that they will are getting a far superior product than what they have now. Just because it is being built in Cats factory does not mean it is going to be a dud. The sleds are still being built to Yamaha specs. True? The current Cats are far better riding and handling then pretty much any Yamaha ever built. Sure Cat has had some quality issues due to jumping the gun on releasing a new product, but I do not see Yamaha letting this happen to their new rides.

I agree, and can't wait to see the specs....it's just what we needed

Irv said:
Arctic Cat's first screw up, releasing the partnership info before the actual due time :o|

I am guessing Yamaha is none to pleased about this?

Maybe that was part of the agreement. cat makes the first press release Yamaha shows off the first sleds.

Could be only a two year or something deal...never now....yamaha may start building them in there own plant in one or two years...give it a chance

I really think this is a Market Test for Yamaha, and I'm willing to bet the rest of the 13' lineup is still here for 14'. If the Yamacats do well for them we might just more yamicat models, if its a flop then the will be back to there own chassis again. I KNOW its going to be cheaper to have a sled built here then assembled in Japan and shipped here and it ALSO gives them the ability to have MORE sleds built if they run out due to a freak October Snow storm that sticks around and gets people in a buying mood! right now with the current sleds they only have what they built last summer. The downside of "build to demand" is that quality suffers because of it when dealers are screaming for sleds to sell they attempt to speed up production and shortcuts get taken. I know a few AC guys that won't buy a new "late season" AC sled because of that. I also know a few AC guys that were PREVIOUS yamaha guys that WILL be purchasing a VIPER and be back on a "Yamacat". As for me, I'm on my Phazer for 4-5 more years so who knows what will come out by then, I personally would buy a 141' Viper with a ~100hp 4 stroke twin if they prove reliable!

God so many cry babies! the snow cross chassis is way better than the nytro and now we get a better chassis with a turbo and your going to cry before you even know anything about it? grow up

09nytro said:
Could be only a two year or something deal...never now....yamaha may start building them in there own plant in one or two years...give it a chance

Well the press release does say "select" snowmobiles so that tells me real Yamaha sleds will still be available. If you want to send a message to Yamaha buy their real sleds. This ProCross re-badge might be a better ditch banger, but it will never cruise a trail like a Deltabox II sled with EPS.

Can thi be sticky'd as the official bitch thread? You kn ow this will get as long as the unveil one. LOL