• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Image Poll

What do you think of the overall direction of Yamaha's snowmobile colors and graphics

• Really good, they have a strong image

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are okay, not really exciting.

• So So kind of boring

• Too similar to previous years

• Don't like the current direction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. Make the color scheme flow into the side plastics. Make it all the same color, and use the a-arms and such to accent the main color scheme. I love the "classy" colors that yamaha is using though, just needs to flow better is all. AND MORE BLUE

I'd like to comment on Yamaha's Special Edition or SE models. I think Yamaha is smart to market and sell special edition models that have that EXTRA flare, look, and bold colors. I'm talking about the colors of handguards, a-arms, special graphics, etc. I much prefer the blue a-arms over the gray. The special colors and "creative appearance" is one of the reasons that I selected the '09 SE nytro.

How about starting some retro stuff like Ford did with the Mustang. Ford sold a crap load of Mustang's from this as well as the rest that followed. I would take a 78 SSR or 80 SRX. And I agree smooth painted side pannel's, Easier to keep clean and look's finished. I don't necessarily like wild graphic's, as said earlier Yamaha is about class and the two don't go together IMO, You usually don't see high end performance car's with wild paint.

This poll proves there's no way to satisfy everyone ... it's a "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing. Personally, I'm more conservative when it comes to graphics. To coin another cliche' - Less is more, IMO. From that perspective, I'd prefer to see a 'conservative color option' offered (something for us older guys). I'm also a fan of all black seats (again, less color) and painted tunnels.

I found this thread by reading your recent post on Sled Talk, which I have to say was a little disheartening. This winter has been a bust, and probably the single biggest anticipation besides to coming of new snow has been to see what Yamaha will bring to the table in 2012.

To quote your blog:
The end game is not in sight and we have more snow-balls in the air than at any other point in my twenty five year tenure. I don’t expect things will settle much in 2012. Our vision is long term and the thinking is completely ‘out-of-the-box’.

Not trying to get off topic here, but your words sound a bit like a foreshadowing of what not to expect from Yamaha next year, and that we'll have to wait yet another year for something new from Yamaha.

To bring it back to the topic at hand - What sort of Graphics do we prefer - let me just say I'd rather Yamaha concentrate its efforts on innovation rather what sort new stickers they should put on their sleds.

Make them go so fast that you can't see the decals!

Make them so light that I can roll them by myself in the parking lot and scuff the decals!

Black and white you pic the decal is cool!

This is just my opinion and I'm typing from my phone so bear with me.

The R series bikes have great paint schemes and great lines, any R series bike paint scheme would be amazing. You guys have done great keeping up with the ever changing bike world but the sleds (less the nytro) have the old
School look. What about a Raven paint scheme. I'm not sure about who owns the rights but what about a Rossi GO!!!!!! Wrap or edition?

You want a nice sled get some pictures of BOUNTYHUNTERS 08 Apex white and red scheme. Take them to the big guys at YAMAHA and fill your boots. I vote white, red and black classic Yamaha colors.

Sled Dog said:
You want a nice sled get some pictures of BOUNTYHUNTERS 08 Apex white and red scheme. Take them to the big guys at YAMAHA and fill your boots. I vote white, red and black classic Yamaha colors.

I agree lol. :Rockon:

Attachments

• HPIM1927 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1927 (Medium).JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 189
I voted they are okay, not really exciting. They look pretty good for the most part. Hopefully we do not have to look at just BNG next year. I want to see something new with BNG. Yamaha should not be worried about paint and stickers at this point.

Yamaha bikes look killer, the sleds aside from my 06 apex gt have been pretty tame. That 06 apex with chrome windshield etc was a hot looking sled. The stuff they are turning out these days is BORING. I ride a new cat now, the white / orange stands out but the graphics are very plain which I like. I think Im more of a colors vs graphics guy.

Basic Black every time!!!

I've gotta say, I love Black paint! My car is black, my truck is black, my bike is black, and my sled is black ---- well ... um ... mostly... and that's the problem! My 2007 Attak GT is definitely black, but with silver accents. Not everyone wants multiple colors on their sleds (just read all of the comments about anodized tunnel colors if you don't believe me). Why do you think that the Harley Night Train was such a popular model. I would love to see an option of "Code Black" that would black out everything on the sled --- everything. The closest real world example of that type of option available to the public is the Skinz Nytro Black Project, but even that has polished aluminum on the running boards and a-arms. I'm sure all of the Yammi Blue fanatics would like to see the same for their color, as well as the fans of the real red. How about some simple, solid, single color sleds in the future. I know if I had that option I would have to make a purchase .... immediately!!!!

Attachments

• 737_SPG_Nytro_Black_Full_Machine_Cut.JPG
    737_SPG_Nytro_Black_Full_Machine_Cut.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 254

Back