• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Install Hand Grip and Heat Element

Colorado Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro 09
Anyone have tips for me on installing the new heat element and new hand grip on an 08 Nytro? These are much different than a Viper and dealer says to be careful with the element. For adhesive plan to use 3M 8008 Super Weather Strip and Gasket Adhesive. Snowing in Denver and Mts. Plan to order the after market grip heaters as I have read about them on this site.

I am considering using the black box kit from Rockmister (spelling) It's either that or just going with a set of RSI aftermarket grip heaters. Any recommendations?

Colorado Nytro said:
I am considering using the black box kit from Rockmister (spelling) It's either that or just going with a set of RSI aftermarket grip heaters. Any recommendations?

Yamaheater by Rockmeister...FOR SURE!!! Don't waste your money on anything else! :-o

snownutz said:
I picked up the new Yamaha up grade ones. Any one else using them already. Was there a improvement?
YES, wire them blue and red together though. I tried blue and white, but it wasnt warm enough. They def are toasty now tho! 2 bars in 20 degree weather feels good!

Back