• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

INTAKE PROBLEMS

Raby

Got the FX out for the first ride got about 40 miles on it and i hit a pretty good size mound but nothing out of the ordinary then it sounded funny and was reving at 4500 rpms so i shut it down and the air box was loose so i took some panels off and the throtle bodies fell right off the motor and after about 45 min of messing around with it in the dark and the batteries just about dead in the flash light they finally went back on. The logo in the front also fell off. Not to impressed with that, but i love it otherwise.

Raby said:
Got the FX out for the first ride got about 40 miles on it and i hit a pretty good size mound but nothing out of the ordinary then it sounded funny and was reving at 4500 rpms so i shut it down and the air box was loose so i took some panels off and the throtle bodies fell right off the motor and after about 45 min of messing around with it in the dark and the batteries just about dead in the flash light they finally went back on. The logo in the front also fell off. Not to impressed with that, but i love it otherwise.

wow, that suck's, i wonder why that did that? i'll be checking my today

Raby, Why don't you take it to your dealer and have them look it over.

This being your 1st post, I don't know what to think other then its not true.

Also if the throttle bodies fell of, where did the bolts go ... something don't sound right....

You can believe what you want but the throttle bodies ruber boots holding them to the motor im going to take it apart today and tighten the clamps and i will show pics.

why wouldn't you take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty? They should hold the responsibility.

I just installed the MCX Turbo kit on mine ,

the throttle body clamps where tight !!!

but the throttle bodies came off very easily,without loosening them !!!

I could see this happen for sure !!!

sorry i havent got pictures i dont have time to tear into it so im just going to drop it off at the dealership i will let you know the outcome

There are stops on the clamps that may need to be shortened to allow them to tighten around the throttle bodies a little more ! No big deal to fix if you have the problem.

well got word from the dealer today, the boots were soft like they got something on them so they are replacing the boots and clamps

Back