• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intercooler core

Actually an intercooler on a Nytro is pretty useless because it can't get enough air flow to be of any benefit other then a heat sink.
Unless you get it outside the hood in the air flow.
Core size (area) is determined via a formula for air flow, pressure drop, etc. Sorry, don't know that off hand but you should call some turbo kit companies, they might share that with ya.

Gotcha, you definitely want to figure out the core area that you need for the boost and airflow you are going to be running. The CFM of the fan is going to be important, too, because typically an electric fan can't push enough air thru an intercooler to keep up with the temps from extended pulls at larger boost levels.

I didn't want more than 6-7 lbs on ride but when drag racing I want crank up boost but not excede 12 psi. I will have approx 1 inch of clerance with track..if I remove square piece of my tunel on top of intercooler the track create the air flow. I need to buy differential gauges to test it....

If I put intercooler with more cfm rated = lag ?
If the intercooler too small = pressure drop.

The pressure drop create more pressure before intercooler to run target boost = highter air temperature before intercooler.

A little bit more lag is better than hot charge air temperature. I'm right ?

Pretty much so.... but the perfect sized IC will get the best of both worlds. No lag and not heat.

Size of IC core is science, I side with mbarry on this one.

Back