• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

IQs rebuild questions.

fxnytrortxkid

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro rtx
Hey all, thought I would consult the brain trust. My father finally has enough miles on his trailer queen 21srx (and listening to me and servicing stuff) so he’s willing to have shocks rebuilt for first time ever. Anything but qs3 am iqs have people I’m comfortable to go to. But I know there is some odd valving options and the 1-2-3 being to large of a swing also.

All that said. Who are people using in north east for all the iqs shock needs. Is there anything to be done to narrow up the stiffness jumps between settings and a company that does them? Hygear, and monster are not far but not sure what they do or have done with iqs stuff (thinking Hygear is better for this?) and considering accelerated technologies as well. Any first hand knowledge is appreciated thank you all

I have had great success with Steve (@cannondale27) in revalving my shocks. Although they were not IQS, he did service my Y.R.R.S shocks. As for the IQS, here is a nice post where he comments on the 1-2-3 settings and what can be done. Worth a read. I also had Hygear service the Ohlins on my 08 Apex and was pleased with their work as well.

Is there any basics for revalve that makes one necessary? Such as center or rear are always way off on rebound or center shock needs compression changes on all of them as they need that done? Or are they typically decent? This is for my dads and he will know if it’s better but not best at describing what he needs since he’s comparing to sleds from 70-80-90’s still.

I guess I’m doubting fronts need a change. Center shock sucks so I am thinking that may need something and I wouldn’t be shocked at rear needing a change in rebound as well.

Back