• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the push button start simply a software change?

74Nitro

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 Sidewinder LTX
Any thoughts on this everyone?
I am wondering if the reverse button doubles as the start button for 2020, and if so, probably GAP and all those that offer tunes will have this available for next year.

Prob same as the 2s cats.....Key is on/off only, and then you hit button on left bar. I am hoping we can now shut off using kill switch and then pull up kill and push button to start. Key on power is still nice to have for LED light and I like my GPS wired there so I can turn it on with Key.

I doubt it will be easily done on previous models.

Dan

Kind of leary having a 2 step setup as sometimes there could be a secret draw on battery if key is left in on position. If its done anything like a Poo where it has kill switch/key combo, there is a battery draw if key is left in on position even though it appears nothing is drawing regardless of kill switch position. Been lots of dead batteries because of it.

Dan

Last edited:
Probably a question better directed at GAP, TD or Hurricane. I am able to change my tunes with the suspension adjustment button, and that was all done through software with no wiring changes. Also early antilag was done with a wiring change, but now they are able to do antilag with no wiring changes.
So I am not ruling it out.

Back