• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the WPSA going under?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Been reading alot on other sled forums that the WPSA is ready to go under unless someone buys it ,any truth to this.Hope this series don,t go the way champcar went,DOWN THE CRAPPER!

they need to get organized and the track they had in gaylord sucked all year they needed to spend some time on the track so it would make for good racing

low slung said:
Been reading alot on other sled forums that the WPSA is ready to go under unless someone buys it ,any truth to this.Hope this series don,t go the way champcar went,DOWN THE CRAPPER!

I hope not. I'm still in mourning for Champ Car. That steak went right through my heart. :o|

my boss told me that they are having problems. might be that they got too big too fast for their own good. i dout they would go compleatly under but they would have to so some major restructuring.

When some races were cancelled and the T.V coverage disappeared then i knew something was up.The last few years of the brief champ car series(cart II) was about trying to outlast tony georges sham racing league.While the WPSA is not competing with another league they have the advantage of big sponsors(due to the popular X-games coverage),Full factory involvement,and machines that are very close to what we ride.

Yes indeed, I was in Cleveland last summer and it seems to have gone bad back then.
Glad to hear you are a die hard Champ Car fan.

When economies suffer sadly racing usually takes a big hit.

Truly a great racer that won in every car and series possible. He was a class act. I had the privilege of speaking to him in his home town race of Nazareth many years ago and he was very down to earth.
Also retired a class act with his Arrivederci Tour in the CART series.
Although not as popular as it once was open wheel racing continues.

Great driver and a avid sledder from what i hear.Once saw a V-MAX 540 for sell on a vintage sled site that claimed he once owned .On the sno-cross front i was reading on snowwest that there are buyers ready to buy the wspa,seems like its one of the same owners.There is also a rumor that the guy who use to own the old ISOC circuit back in the 1990s is ready to start a 10 race season and is asking the big four what they think of it.

Back