• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shot in the dark

ticcer

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13' Vector
Total shot in the dark here.. A friend has a 17' Vector and has zero mechanical ability. He was riding w/ his son and his son smelled coolant so they stopped and the vector had lost a quart of coolant.. They bought some coolant and struggled in the cold to get access to top off the resevoir.. Rode back home w/o losing more coolant. The sled never overheated and cooling snow for the heat exchangers was abundant.. So he brings the sled to the dealer where it sat for two weeks. FInally dealer calls and says the sled is done.. They charged him 80 bucks and said they couldn't find a leak anywhere.. He asked me to go on the forums and find out why his sled leaked coolant.. LOLOL... I told him you can't just go on a forum and expect someone to know why your sled leaked coolant!.. Anyway the shot in the dark is if this is a common issue with vectors and if it is, what's the fix... Sorry for this being my first post, I registered just to ask this question for my buddy who's 85 and I don't think he even knew his sled was liquid cooled. I don't expect any good answers as it could be many things causing him to lose coolant. On doo's is common for the plastic water pump housing to crack and leak, I have no idea if this happens on vectors but you'd think the dealer would have checked that.

Well, that shot in the dark hit something. See if this is similar to yours:

There have been a few like this coming up this season.

No mechanical ability... Did he get creative and fill the overflow tank to level full? That would have held about a quart, and would have promptly puked it all overboard as it heated up.

No, he hasn't touched the coolant. Sled has about 5,000m. on it and never puked coolant before. Could be anything. His son said he saw some steam coming up around the windshield.. Could be a hose or a clamp or the water pump etc.. who knows

Back