• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jackshaft Bearing Change 2007 RS Venture

Roger

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 RS Venture GT (power steering doesn't work when real cold)
2006 Indy 500
Just went to pack some extra grease into the jackshaft bearing, at the clutch end, and could actually lift the shaft a bit in the bearing. The bearing is definitely worn and needs replacement. What is the easiest way to replace this bearing? Does anyone have cross reference numbers for a bearing supply store, rather than Yamaha original parts?

Thanks

I tried to find a replacement bearing and wasn't able to at a bearing supply store. Just buy the Yamaha bearing.

Thanks for the advise. I was hoping for an easier fix than dismantling the chaincase, and a cheaper bearing than Yamaha, after all, Yamaha doesn't actually make any bearings.

Thanks again.

Roger

Roger said:
Thanks for the advise. I was hoping for an easier fix than dismantling the chaincase, and a cheaper bearing than Yamaha, after all, Yamaha doesn't actually make any bearings.

Thanks again.

Roger

I don't believe you need to dismantle the chaincase if you don't want too.

Maybe do a search as I believe lots have changed out this bearing quite easily without getting into the chaincase.

I haven't had any problems finding a quality replacement bearing. You can purchase from Yammy but they don't make them.

I could be wrong but I doubt Yamaha orders special higher quality bearings from the manufacturer. They might specify seals on one side or have a special tapered inner race but this is all available aftermarket for a fraction of the price. I bought kits that contained all seals and bearings for both shafts for under $100. Sent you a PM

Thanks for all the info. Still looking for an easier way to change this bearing.

Did a few searches here and the only method that I saw to remove the bearing without touching the chaincase is to tack weld something to the bearing and use a puller.

Thanks for the reply. I will attempt to remove the wedge, and then possibly get an internal bearing puller in there, to get the bearing out.

Thanks

Roger

This time of the year we see about 2 a week on Yamaha 4 strokes , with jackshaft bearing failures,
have switched to using a better bearing , and still testing the built in collar design on my own sled , like the clutch side driveshaft bearing uses. getting away from the taper collar with spanner nut that keeps coming loose ,

Attachments

• jack brg.jpg
    jack brg.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 346
  • jack2.jpg
    jack2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
6206.jpg
This is what I replace the OEM Yamaha bearing with , The worst bearings I see used are from the All balls kits , those are garbage and a very cheap substitute ,

my 07 has that tapered inner race bearing also
did mine 2 times at 9150 and at 18500
first time the bearing spun on the shaft, had to frankenstein it back together
2nd time replaced the shaft, wow $450 in canada

my 2011 has the other bearing/mount system, not the tapered
yeah

Back