• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jackshaft won’t release

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
I can’t get these threads to tap in to release jackshaft...I’m starting to really hate Arctic Cats! Any tips?

Attachments

• 15CF6685-EED3-4579-BB4A-E371E877FAA9.jpeg
    15CF6685-EED3-4579-BB4A-E371E877FAA9.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 204

Have you seen this trhead in FAQ..
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/7800mi-service-16-jackshaft-upgrade-and-driver-shaft-change.141330/

Read some of that.
No real tip if you can find a socket or piece of pipe to fit and tap evenly on the threaded collar that would be ideal.
And yes it's a pain ! Like Cannondale did, you could delete the wobble bearing and the lock collar bye the 2016 shaft and bearings
Still wobble bearing on 16 just no locking collar. Remove bolts from frame member brake side then try tapping method with nut.

Still wobble bearing on 16 just no locking collar. Remove bolts from frame member brake side then try tapping method with nut.

I have removed bolts from frame...tapped on locking nut with special tool I bought...used a heat gun...small hand torch...big hand torch...beat on special tool with locking nut...split a foot long 2x4 I beat so hard...then went at the threaded collar with a punch f@#$ed the threads and it still wouldn’t move...Done for the day...10 steps backward!

Last edited:
Sorry it's 17 for wooble bearing replacement. Not sur if it's work.The big deal is the f#%%< lock collard deleted with 16 kit.

I have removed bolts from frame...tapped on locking nut with special tool I bought...used a heat gun...small hand torch...big hand torch...beat on special tool with locking nut...split a foot long 2x4 I beat so hard...then went at the threaded collar with a punch f@#$ed the threads and it still wouldn’t move...Done for the day...10 steps backward!
I don't know how, but do you think you are able to remove the secondary bearing ? If yes, may be you could tap on the shaft with a piece of wood and remove the shaft with wobble bearing by the right side.

Last edited:
I don't know how, but do you think you are able to remove the secondary bearing ? If yes, may be you could tap on the shaft with a piece of wood and remove the shaft with wobble bearing by the right side.

Tried that...split a foot long 2x4 with a hammer I hit it so hard...I stopped tapping after 2 hours lol...I think I’m going to have to cut the shaft...that should be fun! In the end I was hitting threaded slip collar with a hammar and punch and collar was bending but not moving...I think somebody before me overtightened nut with a punch and it stuck to shaft...threaded part spins with shaft.

Wow must be. Sorry for your trouble. Here is what you do. Take bearing clip out of case and from brake side drive whole shaft and bearing out of the case far enough to cut the whole bearing off with a cut off wheel on grinder. just cover everything cause you dont want the grindings anywhere.

Wow must be. Sorry for your trouble. Here is what you do. Take bearing clip out of case and from brake side drive whole shaft and bearing out of the case far enough to cut the whole bearing off with a cut off wheel on grinder. just cover everything cause you dont want the grindings anywhere.

Just got it out...ended up pounding on clutch side and luckily the threaded collar finally broke free and shaft fell out...ordering a 2016 shaft tomorrow as I never want to go through that again..also took out the back chain case to drill out broken bolt...what a job!

Just got it out...ended up pounding on clutch side and luckily the threaded collar finally broke free and shaft fell out...ordering a 2016 shaft tomorrow as I never want to go through that again..also took out the back chain case to drill out broken bolt...what a job!
Ouff! Happy for you finally !!!!!!!!!!!

80 ton press and bearing broke before it came out...

Attachments

• 5A5AF9B9-85E8-4F65-A97E-D7D7A48F7032.jpeg
    5A5AF9B9-85E8-4F65-A97E-D7D7A48F7032.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 149
This?

Back