• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just bought 07 Phazer. Need some advice!

Crazydiamond

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE, 2007 Phazer
Hello everybody!
I recently picked up an 07 Phazer and took it out for first couple of rides last weekend. It seems very tippy and darts severely. I have some Stud Boy shaper bars (6 inch) coming in the mail today. Hopefully they will help some. The front shock preload is set on softest setting. Is that a bad idea? The 3 position adjuster on the rear is set on hard. I weigh 220 lbs. Suggestions? Thanks.

you need to pull the limiter strap in at least one hole - loosen the shock preload until you can turn the shock (just touching the ring). you front shocks need to have lots of preload - it will be tippy if you don't have your front shocks cranked up pretty good

you can move the transfer blocks to medium maybe to let the shocks do more of the work so the ride won't be as harsh.

How much preload on the front shocks?

I read a few posts that say to soften the preload of the front shocks until the a-arms sit almost level..
Ive been chasing a poor handeling 07 phaze, and could use the help as well.

Thanks

the shocks control that tippy feeling, not the srings. too many just crank up more pre load. turn the adjusters in all the way, especially if you have a lot of miles on the sled. they are only good for about 3000 miles then they need rebuilding. they really require more damping and a good mechanic can re valve to your style of riding. as far as the darting goes, try a set of woodys slim jim dual carbides. they are tops.

Totalrecall said:
How much preload on the front shocks?

I read a few posts that say to soften the preload of the front shocks until the a-arms sit almost level..
Ive been chasing a poor handeling 07 phaze, and could use the help as well.

Thanks

yes you are correct. this will help lower center of gravity.
pm me if you want some help. don't want to hijack post.

Back