• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just sold my Cat - sorta sad to see it go

Metallicat

TY 4 Stroke God
Just sold my highly modded 1998 ZR EFI in perfect condition with a 711 D&D engine in it. I basically gave it away for $1200 which is waaaay less than I had invested in the top end alone.

Sorta sad to see it go since that is all I have been riding since 1998 when I purchased it new. I have a lot of good memories with that sled (and a few bad ones too).

Tomorrow the empty space in my garage will be filled by my new Vector!

Started up the ZR today and it smoked me out of the garage and caused my neighbors to close their windows and go inside. I guess I won't miss that! LOL!

I've had 7 cat's over the years and in 05 I bought my Yamaha Vector. I felt kind of guilty at first, But I loved it so much that I bought the RX-1 about 4 months later and havent looked back yet.

24412431913.jpg

As you can see, I have been busy pulling off stickers and adding my own personal touch to my sled.

The windshield is off because I will be picking up a high shield with black accents on the bottom in place of the red/white stock windshield which looked rather tacky to me.

I wish I had a garage big enough to keep all my toys past and present. Alas all I have to show for my previous lives is this junk drawer full of the coolest mangled meddle bits you have ever seen.

the air box on the base Vectors have a different shape for some reason, if you look at pics on the yamaha site you see it. The GT models have the same air box as the apex's :dunno:
sonic

The pics on the Yamaha site are probably wrong then. I bet all of the Vectors share the same airbox. In fact, I can't imagine why there would be any difference at all.

sonic blue said:
the air box on the base Vectors have a different shape for some reason, if you look at pics on the yamaha site you see it. The GT models have the same air box as the apex's :dunno:
sonic

They could be all the same once they go into production, thats why they put a disclaimer in the spring catalogs about specificatons subject to change. Also it shows different speedos between them. When mine gets in we'll have to compare. ;)!
sonic

Back