• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just sold my Cat - sorta sad to see it go

Re: NEW SLED

Just a few simple mods to start out with: clutck kit, ported cylinder head, forged internals, low compression pistons, blower cams, nitrous, custom header, and a turbo with an alcohol conversion kit to run 30+psi of boost = 450+hp.

LOL!

It will remain pretty much stock except for a little clutching work and maybe a gear change down the line.

Trust me, I tried the mod thing with my ZR and it was a never-ending money pit. Don't care to go down that road again!

FAMILYMAN said:
gsxr said:
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ALL YOUR NEW FOUND SPARE TIME?

MODIFY IT! :jump:

Just need to buy two. One to modify and one to ride.. ;)!

I had a turbo Rx1, parted it out for the '07 Rtx. I have customized that ALOT. But no turbo.....yet. :tg:

My two 98 ZR LEs were the best handling most fun snowmobiles out of the twenty or so I have owned over some 30+ years. Just could not keep those 600 engines together. After two cranks and a case and two very long walks back out of the woods, it was hard to justify keeping them around. The good news is: you won't have anyone telling you any longer to keep your suit out in the hallway outside the hotel room. For that luxury, I have come to terms with giving them up.

I didn't like the tepid power of the 600cc engine, the obnoxious intake noise, and the ultra stiff seat and suspension of my LE.

Len Todd said:
My two 98 ZR LEs were the best handling most fun snowmobiles out of the twenty or so I have owned over some 30+ years. Just could not keep those 600 engines together. After two cranks and a case and two very long walks back out of the woods, it was hard to justify keeping them around. The good news is: you won't have anyone telling you any longer to keep your suit out in the hallway outside the hotel room. For that luxury, I have come to terms with giving them up.

Back