• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N Filter Bracket - searched but found nothing.

DelgatyXTX

Expert
About a year ago I saw a bracket someone had fabbed and was selling that you mount the K&N filters to so they don't fall off. Does anyone have any info on this? I tried a search but found nothing.

Thanks,
Ryan

I remember the post from someone who fabbed a bracket from Aluminum but I'm not sure he was fabricating any for sale. I just made a harness out of large zip ties for mine. Did a full season and they haven't budged. I basically put one zip around the top of each one loosely then connected one to another (similar to chain link) and tightened them. Then anchored the outter ones to the frame on both sides. It's almost invisible but functional and pretty well zero weight. Hope this helped.

On my side, i've a custom bracket.
it's just a aluminium plate bolted into the stock airbox hole and bent into L shape
so the bottom of the filter sit on the L shape

picture of a standard bracket with the good shape.

914_rear_sway_pic5_big.jpg

Ryan did you see in my build how I did it? 4000 miles like that, lots of pounding and never had one come off.

revster said:
Ryan did you see in my build how I did it? 4000 miles like that, lots of pounding and never had one come off.

I checked out the thread and saw the install pics but not how you secured them. You used a system of zipties as well right?

DelgatyXTX said:
revster said:

I checked out the thread and saw the install pics but not how you secured them. You used a system of zipties as well right?

Ah, I guess I didn't post a pic of that. I'll take one tonight for ya. Very simple with zip ties just tied loose to prevent them from bouncing.

Back