• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keep an eye on your chain tensioner idler bolt!

Good read on both the adjuster & sight glass.

Thanks guys.

20181202_154828.jpg .

Just wondering why the red instead of green? Not saying you did anything wrong just wondering?

Green threadlocker is a wicking type medium to high strength threadlocker. The red is a high strength, permanent threadlocker. You need heat to remove. I did use the red myself.
Cheers

I've hated these chaincases ever since the day I had to walk home on only my second ride out last year!
Bigtime weak point on an otherwise awesome sled.
My 13 cat had same set up,only good thing,is in my case I could still back it up,and that was a good thing siense it broke a bout 1500 feet past the road crossing,where my wife was to pick us up.

Why don.t the MTN guys seem to Not have all these stupid issues ?

“Why don.t the MTN guys seem to Not have all these stupid issues ?”

I’m guessing that after strapping the weight of 5 bowling balls of gas on the very extreme few inches of the tunnel end....
loose screws and bolts aren’t a big deal compared to the 5’ of flopping ‘n drag’n tunnel. Like a giant metal wedding dress train of sheetmetal and aluminum. They’re not gonna worry ‘bout no stink’n screws!

On that note...I’ve towed a dead Viper with my SW, with a 275 pound college football player riding the dead sled. Zero issues, (although I was crossing my chest, and I’m not catholic,) But I would absolutely never, never strap a can at the tail of a mountain sled of any brand. Behind seat only. It’s grade school physics.

All sled brands have quirks, weaknesses and strengths. I’m sure you’ll eventually find all three on your 900T. I’ve followed with great interest. Still wondering who Bobadoo was? Original site owner?

Q. Arrius

Why don.t the MTN guys seem to Not have all these stupid issues ?
Good question Ken. I think they probably do but ride their sleds more than talk about them. Us flat landers have too much time to talk about our sleds while we're waiting for snow.

I do however feel these Cats require a lot of attention and from my experience it,has always been that way. Yamaha has made some impressive improvements on these Yamacats and they are much better than before but still have too much Cat DNA.

I have had my case open twice this year before this became an issue and i would rather not have to pull it apart again, so maybe can we identify these issues by build number. If guys that had this problem could please post there build number we might be able to connect the dots.

I have had my case open twice this year before this became an issue and i would rather not have to pull it apart again, so maybe can we identify these issues by build number. If guys that had this problem could please post there build number we might be able to connect the dots.
IMO it doesnt matter...the loctite(if there) just gives up after enough miles of vibrations steel roller on chain poor design. Tack welding mine for sure after massive fail...Its alot of work to dig out that rear case!

Dan

Oh I bet it is Dan. Thing is, these should go a season if it was done properly and just add it to the next year's maintenance. I'm at 2400 miles now and the last 400+ miles have mostly been WOT pulls in testing so I'll be yanking the case apart for the 3rd time this season! Would be nice to know if it is indeed a handful of sleds made around the same time.

IMO it doesnt matter...the loctite(if there) just gives up after enough miles of vibrations steel roller on chain poor design. Tack welding mine for sure after massive fail...Its alot of work to dig out that rear case!

Dan

Are you saying when you pulled yours and check them you added new loc-tite? or you checked them and they felt tight?

Are you saying when you pulled yours and check them you added new loc-tite? or you checked them and they felt tight?
As long as they are Loctited properly its not going to fall apart. May wear like mine from shaft spinning did but definitely a easy catch that took a ton of miles to occur. That said MtCoolers I welded.

When I last checked mine(1000 miles ago) they were tight. I never had taken mine apart at all.

I sure wished I had tacked them at that time, but it was not as well known then. I think now we all know these have to be tacked(IMO)

Dan

As long as they are Loctited properly its not going to fall apart. May wear like mine from shaft spinning did but definitely a easy catch that took a ton of miles to occur. That said MtCoolers I welded.

Mines coming apart this weekend and maybe a tack weld should be done..

Back