• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Hey GB - Insurance doesn't want to pay all the accessory coverage I had on the sled, so last week I had to get a shop estimate to repair.....$24k!!! So this week I am waiting on my payout. I want to buy it back and part out most of it and my SC sled and I'm leaning towards a new in the crate 2017 SW B-TX 153"x1.75. Local dealer has one that is EXACTLY what I would have ordered. I will always love the apex but I think its time for me to move down the road to a SW. At least my garage title can stay the same LOL! I'm thinking I will keep the ZX2/new crossover track and if I don't like the float skid or track I can get 2.52" drivers and swap those in the SW. Not sure yet. I will miss the custom build and uniqueness of mine...I was eyeing a nypex but I think that ship as sailed as well.

New winder!! B-TX. My first new sled ever! Of course I couldn’t wait to weigh it! 610lbs with half a tank. I’ll post detailed numbers later but so far she seems front heavy, right side heavy, and pretty even in rear skid arm to arm. Excited to see what I can do with this one!
2018-03-23%2021.54.58.jpg

2018-03-23%2021.52.34.jpg

2018-03-23%2013.54.53.jpg

Hey GB - Insurance doesn't want to pay all the accessory coverage I had on the sled, so last week I had to get a shop estimate to repair.....$24k!!! So this week I am waiting on my payout. I want to buy it back and part out most of it and my SC sled and I'm leaning towards a new in the crate 2017 SW B-TX 153"x1.75. Local dealer has one that is EXACTLY what I would have ordered. I will always love the apex but I think its time for me to move down the road to a SW. At least my garage title can stay the same LOL! I'm thinking I will keep the ZX2/new crossover track and if I don't like the float skid or track I can get 2.52" drivers and swap those in the SW. Not sure yet. I will miss the custom build and uniqueness of mine...I was eyeing a nypex but I think that ship as sailed as well.
Sux, I was headed in that direction with my Phazer. I tried to insure it for more than standard because of the mods and extras i put into it. The insurance company told me to present them with receipts for all the extras. Unfortunately I didn't save my receipts. Going to try and do a better job with the Nytro I am building. G.B.

Nice Winder Kinger! What year is it? I am sure it will no longer be stock when it first hits the snow. haha I cant believe how addicting the right flipper is with those sleds. I rode a couple Winder's on the TY Demo ride last march. Crazy fast! Have fun. G.B.

Nationwide was awesome after the initial mis understanding.

In a RARE snow storm we got 14” today! Going to break in the new sled!

2018-03-24%2008.26.52.jpg

Already scheming mods mainly exhaust. I feel a precision EFI stage 4 - 320 hp pump package will magically appear on the sled over the summer...

And now it’s tine for the 15k question.... how’s it compare to the custom apex?

2018-03-24%2012.36.41.jpg

MSB- It’s to early to say anything with 12 miles on it. However the power and sound are largetic at best compared to the apex. Pretty sad when the highest hp machine feels like a 440 compared to the insanity impulse Apex. Won’t stay stock for long let’s just say that!!

65 total miles and either the sled loosened up or the snow set up but she felt quick today. I may have to retract my 440 quote. Felt more like a 800 today with glimpses of what it feels like to have a boosted Yamaha sled. It definitely has potential!!!

2018-03-25%2015.13.04.jpg

2018-03-25%2014.08.13.jpg

2018-03-25%2014.07.59.jpg

Weight comparison. This is not fair yet as the SW was only half full. I will fill it sometime and re do this. It carries 5% more weight up front then my impulse apex. So much for the 'nose heavy pig' the apex name has got.

corner%20weight%20comparison%20with%20sidewinder.JPG
corner%20weight%20comparison%20with%20sidewinder.JPG

Back