• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Larger Lug Track?

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
Looking for some input on putting a deeper lug track on my Winder. I absolutely love this sled and think it is about perfect. Only thing I have done is change the skis to Pilot 5.7's. I was thinking of going with a longer track model, but do not want to purchase another sled. I do very little off trail, just like to play once in awhile. I had a 1.75" on my Nytro and could go just about anywhere. I was thinking of a 1.6". Anyone with experience with this?

Well...my buddy has a 1.75" on his Cat and it runs hot in fresh groomed hard trail and low snow conditions, it is a 2-stroke which could be the reason but, I bielieve the rad on the Nytros and Vipers played a big role keeping bigger lug tracks sled running cooler on the trails.

I don’t have any experience with the 1.6 but I do have a back country x 1.75 on my winder. Absolutely love the track. Wish I would have went to this track a long time ago. 1300 mike this season. Never over heated or ran hot. I also have the stock hyfax on with miles to be had before changing. Many different snow conditions and again no complaints or temp issues. I do run Ice scratchers on my skis and leave them down all the time

I have the Storm 150. It has 1.5 lugs in the middle and1.25 lugs on the outside.
The upside is it works very well in loose trail conditions, moves much more snow than the standard track. The only downside so far is a slight decrease in top speed, which I don't care about, and it seems that after @1300 miles I MAY be starting to bend some lugs over. I will keep an eye on this for sure.

I’m looking to do the same thing in the off season. Trying to decide what track to try. Rode up north twice this year and both times hated my sled. The snow up there is usually looser than in my area and the 1.25 RipII is useless. That and I either need a different front skid shock spring or different skis. Just can’t seem to get enough weight off my Curves. Didn’t have that problem with the same skis on my Viper

I have the Storm 150. It has 1.5 lugs in the middle and1.25 lugs on the outside.
The upside is it works very well in loose trail conditions, moves much more snow than the standard track. The only downside so far is a slight decrease in top speed, which I don't care about, and it seems that after @1300 miles I MAY be starting to bend some lugs over. I will keep an eye on this for sure.
That's good to know I was thinking of trying the Strom also.

I’m looking to do the same thing in the off season. Trying to decide what track to try. Rode up north twice this year and both times hated my sled. The snow up there is usually looser than in my area and the 1.25 RipII is useless. That and I either need a different front skid shock spring or different skis. Just can’t seem to get enough weight off my Curves. Didn’t have that problem with the same skis on my Viper
Not sure which carbides your using... but I find the Slim Jims lighten the steering considerably.

Sidewinder carries alot of ice in tunnel. Mine does, at times.
I have an ice cobra on another sled. Good track. But....

1.6 cobra + ice in tunnel = torn lugs. I've seen plenty of pics to question the durability of this combo.

Just FYI......I don't care either way.

Sidewinder carries alot of ice in tunnel. Mine does, at times.
I have an ice cobra on another sled. Good track. But....

1.6 cobra + ice in tunnel = torn lugs. I've seen plenty of pics to question the durability of this combo.

Just FYI......I don't care either way.
I have not experienced any part of this in 2 seasons.

I have Sidewinder XTX which comes with 1.6 cobra 141. I went this route mainly to get the deeper track and for the transfer of the uncoupled suspension knowing i was going to give up some ride quality. 1500 miles this year and no problem with heat. i do run scratchers, still have my stock slides in very good condition. my track looks the same as it did on the showroom floor. Between the 137 SE and the 141SE i figured both would need some suspension work for my liking so i went with traction and weight transfer. did the same for the wife also 17 SR Viper XTX. Hygear Pro Linkage and Custom Axis shocks make the XTX rear suspension work excellent.

I had my LTX LE delivered with a 1.6 Ice Cobra. Love the track. Extra bite on trails and better off trail. I have not had an issue with the ice build up.

I'd really like to hear from anyone that is running a studded ripsaw II 1.5. This is what I'm leaning toward after running the ice cobra. It's a good track but I would like more traction. I have the ice build up depending on condition but I take care of it and haven't torn any lugs on my ice cobra, after 3000 miles it is still in great condition.

I don’t have any experience with the 1.6 but I do have a back country x 1.75 on my winder. Absolutely love the track. Wish I would have went to this track a long time ago. 1300 mike this season. Never over heated or ran hot. I also have the stock hyfax on with miles to be had before changing. Many different snow conditions and again no complaints or temp issues. I do run Ice scratchers on my skis and leave them down all the time

Ditto, wont own a sled without this track.

Back