• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's talk 4 stroke oil?

Yep and when you read the terms and conditions what does it cover? Engine wear? No! Tossed rod? Yep only if the oil was faulty! Faulty oil means what? If it can be proven that YamaLube is a faulty product then the warranty applies! So Yamaha must find YamaLube to be faulty for the warranty to apply! We have been through this debate once before. Besides not available in Canada!

I will use Amsoil 0-40 with complete faith that it protects my engine, same as YamaLube does!

Just saying ...IF you use Yamalube as your oil of choice... you can sign up for the warranty. It cant hurt....just my 2cents

I've used Yamahalube and Mobil 1. NAPA always has Mobil 1 available while I don't have a dealer close to me to have bought Yamahalube. No problems withMobil 1

Amsoil 0-40 and Amsoil severe gear oil in the chain case, thousands of Km's and problem free

The one thing that you have to consider when it comes to oil for power sport engines is that the oil made for these engines is for high rpm and low volume oil in the pan or tank, and can with stand more unstable engine temps, a 4 stroke phazer or apex engine rpm can reach 10000-12000 rpm the oil used in these engines must be able to withstand that type of rpm and pressure with that amount of low volume oil in the base that is why engine makers design these types of oil and oil lube guide lines, just regular 10w40 or 0w40 of the shelf at Walmart or napa might not be ok for your power sport engine even though it might meet some of the lube guidelines of your power sport engine lube spec's, yamalube and amsoil are very good oils among others are designed and blended with synthetics and addativies to achieve proper lube specs on power sport engines, that's why they cost more.

The one thing that you have to consider when it comes to oil for power sport engines is that the oil made for these engines is for high rpm and low volume oil in the pan or tank, and can with stand more unstable engine temps, a 4 stroke phazer or apex engine rpm can reach 10000-12000 rpm the oil used in these engines must be able to withstand that type of rpm and pressure with that amount of low volume oil in the base that is why engine makers design these types of oil and oil lube guide lines, just regular 10w40 or 0w40 of the shelf at Walmart or napa might not be ok for your power sport engine even though it might meet some of the lube guidelines of your power sport engine lube spec's, yamalube and amsoil are very good oils among others are designed and blended with synthetics and addativies to achieve proper lube specs on power sport engines, that's why they cost more.

Low volume oil? Unstable engine temps? Both those statements puzzle me. High pressure pump is always feeding bearings and motor has almost the same amount of oil as a much larger vehicle engine! Motor temp is controlled and monitored water temp is not unstable!

Oil type should be based on and researched for the type of application. Not all Synthetics are created equal! Mobile 1 and Amsoil are made from Ester Base stock. Some so called synthetic oils are crap!

Low volume oil? Unstable engine temps? Both those statements puzzle me. High pressure pump is always feeding bearings and motor has almost the same amount of oil as a much larger vehicle engine! Motor temp is controlled and monitored water temp is not unstable!

Oil type should be based on and researched for the type of application. Not all Synthetics are created equal! Mobile 1 and Amsoil are made from Ester Base stock. Some so called synthetic oils are crap!
Yes low amount of oil in your engine 2 and abit litres being recycled through your engine compared to a engine with 4-6 litres being recycled causes more heat and stress if the oil is not designed to handle this , have you ever ran in light powdery deep snow and breaking through drifts and have a low coolant temp light come on? and yes not all synthetics are the same

Yes low amount of oil in your engine 2 and abit litres being recycled through your engine compared to a engine with 4-6 litres being recycled causes more heat and stress if the oil is not designed to handle this , have you ever ran in light powdery deep snow and breaking through drifts and have a low coolant temp light come on? and yes not all synthetics are the same

My Apex has 4 liters of oil and the oil is circulated to a remote tank aiding cooling of the oil, if your running with 2 liters of oil your light will be on! No I have never had my low coolant temp light come on when riding, I've had my high temp warning light come on but never my low temp. The high temp warning comes on long before boiling temp and no harm is done. Its a protection system to keep you from boiling you coolant out and causing damage! If your low coolant temp light is coming on I have no answer as I have never heard of that happening maybe your thermostat is stuck open!

I know what you are trying to say and I agree high rpm performance engine needs good oil designed to have good shear property's and high coke temps.

I wasn't sure on how much oil my apex holds where it is new to me, I had my low coolant temp come on my xtx phazer a couple times breaking trail in the powder just had to stop and let the engine warm back up then light would go off, I kinda got worked up when this first happened were the machine was new at first I thought it was getting hot but it was the complete opposite, this was covered in the manual plus talking to a few guy's in the phazer forum, other than that that machine worked just great. thanks

I wasn't sure on how much oil my apex holds where it is new to me, I had my low coolant temp come on my xtx phazer a couple times breaking trail in the powder just had to stop and let the engine warm back up then light would go off, I kinda got worked up when this first happened were the machine was new at first I thought it was getting hot but it was the complete opposite, this was covered in the manual plus talking to a few guy's in the phazer forum, other than that that machine worked just great. thanks
I love Apex XTX!

I love Apex XTX!
I'm really liking mine as well, had her in some really tight wooded trails which she handled with ease never noticed the extra weight which some seem to frown on, the power was a complete shock to the system coming off a phazer, power steering is nice

I believe that mobil 1 0/40 European formula, Amsoil Signature and Redline are some of the only group 5 Esther based synthetics. They also have a higher zinc and moly contact that is great for the hi rpm motors and without cats on these sleds the zinc has nothing to clog up.

Back