• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's talk about your ski setups and the width adjustmen

RollinTurbo

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha SideWinder B-TX
ok,

Let's see your ski choices...

• please post the machine they're on
• The model of ski
• carbide used
• THE WIDTH ADJUSTMENTs IN SKI STANCE
• your assessment on trail manners, off trail manners, and reversing

Thanks guys/girls..... I'm looking to find a setup with more adjustment in width... as well as retaining great handling

Stock skis
B-TX LE
Stock carbide
36 inch wide (M-TX setup)

Lost a bit in trail manners but gain a lot off-trail

errol,

I was staring at my sled for Eva yesterday thinking about making the MTX swap Over...

It troubles me they made there "sea level" backcountry/cross over sled so friggen awesome but BENT ME OVER A BARREL with this damn 40" width

What was the cost for swap over?

Thanks

I'm curious as well. I have an 18 BTX LE and just got back from a trip to Togwotee and would have appreciated the narrower stance. Will the stock QS3's still work on a 36 inch stance?

I've got to say, this was my first time riding the sidewinder and I was blown away with the power. This sled is amazing.

Can't use your stock Btx shocks on the MTX arms... gotta buy

A-arms top/bottom
Shocks
Tierods

And remove your swaybar!

I manage to use the btx-le shocks by putting them upside down but I would not recommend it because there are expose a lot. In the upright position, it is very close to hitting the upper a-arm... but did not try it, was affraid to damage them.

Attachments

• F4E176C3-F841-4118-B7F4-04E41940AFDD.jpeg
    F4E176C3-F841-4118-B7F4-04E41940AFDD.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 203
I'm curious as well. I have an 18 BTX LE and just got back from a trip to Togwotee and would have appreciated the narrower stance. Will the stock QS3's still work on a 36 inch stance?

I've got to say, this was my first time riding the sidewinder and I was blown away with the power. This sled is amazing.

I agree with you, the power is amazing but the sled ingest a lot of snow. The next day after this ride, the steering was totally froze over. Could not turn the handlebar... had to put it in a heated garage for 24 hours!

Attachments

• B7101ECE-EE9B-4AF2-8F11-4C67FF779BB9.jpeg
    B7101ECE-EE9B-4AF2-8F11-4C67FF779BB9.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 185
I manage to use the btx-le shocks by putting them upside down but I would not recommend it because there are expose a lot. In the upright position, it is very close to hitting the upper a-arm... but did not try it, was affraid to damage them.
Lift the front off the ground and turn the bars to full each way. I bet the tie rod comes into contact with the lower control arm.

the MTX shock is clearly a shorter unit if you look at them on show room floor

I've been thinking about making the switch but thinking of the cost. What do you guys have into it for the switch? What shocks did you end up going with?

How was Togwotee? Will be there starting Tuesday. Is your Winder stock?

How was Togwotee? Will be there starting Tuesday. Is your Winder stock?
It was my first trip to the mountains so to me it was awesome. The locals didnt seem that impressed tho. A lot of it was tracked up but each day it snowed which kept it fresh. There was lots of powder you could find if you ventured out a bit. I hear they are supposed to get another 12-18 starting today thru sunday. I went out completely stock with my BTX LE and it worked great. I didnt change weights or anything.

Here are the parts that you need :

8KU-F3831-00-00 X2 TIE RODS

8KC-F354A-00-00 X2 UPPER A-ARMS

8KC-F357A-00-00 LOWER A-ARMS LEFT

8KC-F358A-00-00 LOWER A-ARMS RIGHT

For the shocks there a lot of options. I went with the Yamaha shocks that goes on the Viper MTX and I used my stock springs!

8LM-F330E-00-00 x2 SHOCK Assy

If you need the springs :

8KU-F3351-00-00 x2 Spring
8JP-F2214-00-00 x2 Guide spring

For prices, go to www.babbittsonline.com

Hi, after testing the org mountain skis on the sidewinder BTX-LE i ordered a set of curve xs and installed them, superhappy!
The org mountainskis was oval allready in the bushingholes.
Adjusted the c/c distance to 100cm, it was like a new sled!

Back