• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap question

stinx

Expert
Is it safe to say that most people on RTX and Se's are going up at least one hole on both limiter straps? MY SE has o miles on it I have ski doo pilots on it and 96 studs. I figure it would be easier to do it now while its in the heated garage then tralside.

You have to ride it first I wouldn't do anything till you ride it you might like the way it is. Everyone is different, if you start changing it without riding you may not like it and have to go back to stock and start over. Remember do everything in steps. It took me almost a whole season to get the right set up on the sled I have.

stinx said:
Is it safe to say that most people on RTX and Se's are going up at least one hole on both limiter straps? MY SE has o miles on it I have ski doo pilots on it and 96 studs. I figure it would be easier to do it now while its in the heated garage then tralside.

Remember there are not a lot of people that have miles on their SE, so pretty much everything you are reading about limiter straps are related to the 08's.

booxr800 hit it right on the head. Do everything in steps or you could circle the drain and make it worse.

lucky_7 said:
stinx said:

Remember there are not a lot of people that have miles on their SE, so pretty much everything you are reading about limiter straps are related to the 08's.

booxr800 hit it right on the head. Do everything in steps or you could circle the drain and make it worse.

Plus, you have to remember what works for the guys on the '09's may not apply to the '08's due to the change in the front end geometry.

Back