• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Little problem

Lets keep this thread positive, and on topic, or I will remove it and we can talk about a few 3 day vacations for bashing each other??
Everybody has varying levels of experience, and some need a little more encouragement than others. Please try to refrain from rude criticism.

jds1000 said:
I don't know what to tell you other than CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL! Warm up the engine and check the oil while the sled is sitting level. You might be just low enough to cause the light to come on and off.

I'm thinking the same, you're most likely a tad low on oil. Read your manuel or the one posted to make sure you check it correctly.
Post your findings once you have the solution.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
As soon as it went on i shut the snowmobile off, There was no light so i didnt check.

So you are saying that when you shut the sled off, there was no light? I wonder if it works the same way with your fuel light?!?!?!

What's probably happening is that your oil is warming up, which increases the volume, ( i.e. all others being constant, as temp increases, volume increases as well) also since the system is a dry sump, the oil is pumped into the tank then to the engine. This pumping along with the motion from you riding likely caused the sensor or float to raise enough to drop the connection and thus not giving the fault code. The best thing to do is check the oil level. Remember, warm the sled up to temp, shut it down, wait 30 seconds, and then check with the dip stick NOT screwed in. My guess is that when you last changed your filter you didn't start the engine and run it to temp. Thus your filter filled with oil and reduced the level in the tank. You are probably right at the low/add level and that is the reason for the intermittent fault code. For future reference, you should always carry a flashlight, especially on first runs and or after doing any maintenance. Also, never under any circumstance would I run an engine with a check oil fault on, even if it when off shortly after startup, I would have to check the oil level to verify it is correct, then and only then would I consider riding with the fault. It’s just too easy to have something simple go wrong. Not beating on you, just trying to help you realize your error in judgement.

lucky_7 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
As soon as it went on i shut the snowmobile off, There was no light so i didnt check.

So you are saying that when you shut the sled off, there was no light? I wonder if it works the same way with your fuel light?!?!?!
What I said was when the light came on and i shut the sled off,Waited a little and started it and it went off. On the way back it was on,Road it 02 secs to the house and shut it off. Checked it today it was reading a little low and I added some oil,We are getting 18-24 inches friday in to saturday so I will see if it is going on or not. But I fixed the problem I am sure.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
lucky_7 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

What I said was when the light came on and i shut the sled off,Waited a little and started it and it went off. On the way back it was on,Road it 02 secs to the house and shut it off. Checked it today it was reading a little low and I added some oil,We are getting 18-24 inches friday in to saturday so I will see if it is going on or not. But I fixed the problem I am sure.

Good stuff. Problem solved! ;)!

Back