• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at buying a XTX, Does this look normal?

Roost 'Er

Extreme
Hi there,

Going to look at a Nytro XTX this weekend, It needs some work, however does the brake disc look normal in this picture? Almost looks like its on an angle?

Gonna take a good look at it, engine, suspension, rails, track anything else i should look at that is specific to Nytros? Ive read alot about the Sub-frames, so will look closely at that.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Nytro.JPG
    Nytro.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 141

Looks normal to me.

Thanks guys, Reviewing my old notes on the Nytro's, did they update the rear suspension bolt mounts on the 2009's? I had this picture saved on my computer for reference;

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpg
    IMG_5030.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 83
Look down at the the front of the frame to see if it's twisted. Also check the center gusset for buckling. In the pictures you sent me it looked like the right spindle was out of alignment but it's often hard to be sure looking at a picture. http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss33 ... %20gusset/

2008 bent subframe:
bent08frame1.jpg

2009 buckled center gusset:
DSC04240.jpg

buckle

I've notice some slight buckle on mine but it does not appear visually to be bent. Will the buckle get worse or just depends on how hard I ride? Any risk is leaving it for now and monitoring it going forward?

It will probably get worse. Most likely your shocks are not centered in the upper a-arms. If that's the case normally you can use a pry bar out on the end of the a-arms to center the shocks. Welding in gussets to reinforce the frame will prevent it from bending again.

buckle

Mine are a little closer to the back vs.exact middle as well except mine has 2 slight buckles vs.the 4 shown in picture. I assume factory has 0 buckles. Can anyone confirm that?

Roost 'Er said:
Hi there,

Going to look at a Nytro XTX this weekend, It needs some work, however does the brake disc look normal in this picture? Almost looks like its on an angle?

Gonna take a good look at it, engine, suspension, rails, track anything else i should look at that is specific to Nytros? Ive read alot about the Sub-frames, so will look closely at that.

Thanks,

There should be a spacer in between the disk and the locking collar...could be your problem if it is not there.

upei93 said:
Roost 'Er said:
Hi there,

Thanks,

There should be a spacer in between the disk and the locking collar...could be your problem if it is not there.

X2, they also wear and can cause the disk to wobble and rattle.

Roost 'Er said:
Thanks guys, Reviewing my old notes on the Nytro's, did they update the rear suspension bolt mounts on the 2009's? I had this picture saved on my computer for reference;

This was an update they came out with for the 2009 rtx se and the xtx I believe, whichever models had the updated tunnel that year. They put that bracket on to prevent the tunnel from bending/folding right there. I brought my 09 SE in and the dealer did it for free. I think every sled after 09 had it on.

Back