• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for a used FX nytro. what should i be looking for

cnaimo

Veteran
for my son. he is selling his Phazer looking to move to a FX Nytro

is there a best year ?

any recalls?

thanks in advance

Regards
Charlie

Re: Looking for a used FX nytro. what should i be looking fo

cnaimo said:
for my son. he is selling his Phazer looking to move to a FX Nytro

is there a best year ?

any recalls?

thanks in advance

Regards
Charlie

I'm in MA and may consider moving my 09 RTX after this season...I picked it up last year at the end of the season with 200 miles on it and I have put 600 miles on it so far this year, It has BDX re-locater, Kimpex arrow skis, Grizz Gusset, SPI grip heaters that work great and solid state fuel relay. I'd say It will have around 1300-1500 miles by the end of the season.

lift front end and check bushings etc.... a fair bit of work and $$$ to fix this if you don't do it your self

The Nytro is very reliable. I have a 08 with 5000 miles, never had a problem. People say stay away from 08, I disagree, different skis make all the difference, stock Yamaha skis suck on all older Nytros. I say just look for evidence of accidents, if none and it's clean, go for it! It's a blast to ride!

I bought a used 09 xtx came with mtx skis, trail tank, 1.75 track, extro drivers, highgear dual rate rear spring. All nice options that are pretty much free if you can find a used sled with this stuff on. I have added oft steering relocator, mountaintech skid plate, rear cooler and ip vent. Copper exhaust donuts, oilite bushings, grizz gusset, 2" riser, solid state relays. If I was shopping for another one, and some day I likely will, I would look for some of this stuff. Especially the big money stuff. Good luck
Over 6000 miles and still runs great.

cnaimo said:
please send me some pics and what you would be asking for it?

thanks.

p.s. where are you located

I'll grab some pic on my next ride...I can send you a few of my BDX install.

Back