• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for help suggestions next steps troubleshooting

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder STX-DX 2017
Apex XTX 2012
All 2017 SW with TD tune with close loop with 15K mi. I recently added clutch weight due to slightly over rev. Note I may have turned clutch CW when adding weight not sure. After weight was added did small run around field but it was not a long enough runway test fully but seemed fine nearest I could tell. Set in my trailer for the last couple days. Fired it up today and let engine warmup died while running after 5 min. Now have SD-12 code and won’t start. Forum shows cranks sensor issue. RPM on gauge is reading screwy with key in the on position now and won’t start but turns over. Next steps? could clutch rotation in wrong direction cause this or just freak sensor failure? I did notice RPM’s were hunting around a bit at warm-up 1400-1650 but that didn’t seem to crazy.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

View this. First, I'd replace relay.
Start relay is on top of battery. Try it.

could very well-being crank sensor , Ive seen 3 now

View this. First, I'd replace relay.
Start relay is on top of battery. Try it.
Hi turbo flash i turn over fine starter motor engages and can hear fuel pump. I think the winder has a different system than the wheeler shown in the video.

Very helpful thanks ! I will check resistance. If you have any tips on locating the harness connector that would be great.

I had the same issue it was crank sensor on the sled I worked on.

Little bit of digging not to bad depending how mechanically inclined you are. it’s same as replacing stator I’m not sure if you can just get crack sensor but I think you have to buy stator and crank sensor as assembly I know I had to unless aftermarket offers but I would go oem.

Back