• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loose Taillight fixed

KubotaOne

Extreme
Website
web.mac.com
How exactly I fixed my taillight, I'm not really sure, but it is fixed.

Like many apex owners, my taillight lense was loose on my 06 Attak from day one. This past weekend I had a closer look by removing the exhaust tips and removing the 2 large black screws. I never did get the black cover (the one with the mesh riveted in place) completely off, I was able to lift the tabs out of the bottom trim, but was unable to remove it from the exhaust cover housings. So, before I broke anything, I decided to put it back together. When re-assembling, I realized that the covers tabs had never been fully seated. By pulling up on the lower trim that the tabs fit into, and pushing down on the mesh cover, finally it popped into place. You could see where the bottom trim piece had been rubbing and had actually worn two marks right into the aluminum, so it was never seated properly from the beginning. Long story short, when it's all back together and I wiggle the taillight lense, damned if it's not firmly in place now.

Yeah....been there, done that. Have either of you ridden it again since the fix? I've had that whole mess completely disassembled and seat removed a couple times...have reseated all the taillight tabs twice the same way described, which looks great on the trailer and feels secure for the moment. But I've found it pops loose again in very short time when riding a few bumps. Here's genuinely hoping that yours stays. Mine certainly does not.

It's nice and bright though! Everyone who follows me comments on how nice my taillight is. A minor irritation overall.

If you wrap a piece of thin weather strip (1/8") around the tab on the top it should keep the light from becomeing loose. You'll see what I mean once you've had it apart.

craze1cars said:
Yeah....been there, done that. Have either of you ridden it again since the fix? But I've found it pops loose again in very short time when riding a few bumps
I wondered about that to - haven't ridden it yet. I'll let you guys know after this weekend if it holds up.

Back