• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Losing power under strain.

ccmviper

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro xtx
2016 Viper MTX 141
2018 M8000
My sons Nytro is running perfect other than losing power when under strain, up steep hills or in the powder the sled slows rapidly like there's no power getting to the track but the motor runs and sounds fine,doesn't lose rpm's and will rev high to no effect if given any throttle...clutches?

Its a new belt.Just put on before this happened.20+km on the belt.

What kind of track? Possibly just spinning / no traction? May just be giving you the feel of losing power especially on steep hill.

primary clutch spring would not hurt with a clean and inspect on all parts and bushings.

Yeah, it's a new 8dn belt put on because long threads were coming out of the old one.I didn't see anything but I'll check again to make sure there's nothing in there.

Thanks for the replies, I can't see anything wrong.I guess it's got to go to the dealer for repairs.

Sounds like clutch problem for sure. When were they both taken apart and cleaned ( hot soapy water only and some clean dry air to dry them out). Belt dust can make your clutches run like crappie. During the riding season I blow them out once a week and you wouldn't believe the dust cloud.( don't breathe it in)

Pete

Missing skid plate under engine maybe?
After the stock plastic skid plate falls off all kinds of snow gets on the belt and slips.

Sounds like clutch problem for sure. When were they both taken apart and cleaned ( hot soapy water only and some clean dry air to dry them out). Belt dust can make your clutches run like crappie. During the riding season I blow them out once a week and you wouldn't believe the dust cloud.( don't breathe it in)

Pete

^^^ truth.
I clean mine @ the end of the season with Simple Green & water but had apparently alot of build up.
Stopped down to Excell's last week having Aaron listing to the clutch rattle, he takes off the panel and I get the "OMG finger rub dirty clutch, shitty belt lecture" :)
He totally worked his magic + a new belt, man it goes a hell of a lot better now..... The clutch rattle noise turned out to be only 1/4 of the 3 exhaust donuts left on the header and clamps all loose, luckily nothing else had broke yet.

Back